PDA

View Full Version : Kerbside Creative Collection!

chamellieon
07-06-2011, 10:20pm
Last weekend, I commenced a project that I had had floating around in my mind.
I collaborated with Allan and Clubmanmc.

The ability to laugh at oneself, despite whatever is happening around them, is the true mark of a comedian. This theory very much applied today when we decided to act upon a really silly idea I had a few weeks ago, while driving past many piles of peoples' junk they're throwing out.

Hit up the suburbs on the list for the weekend, they're all in the generally-same area, so that wasn't too hard. Drive by. Look. Observe. Thinking caps ON. Go in, get the shots, out quick. The aim was to be as funny/hilarious as possible, making something out of these peoples junk. Setup a scene if possible, else, do something in it....It wasn't about photographic technical brilliance. (and this is the reason why I post it here)

These are the results of that project:

http://www.melsinclair.com.au/blog/2011/6/5/kerbside-creative-collection.html
But as a general image teaser for you:

Photos removed. Do NOT post photos on Ausphotography that you do not own copyright to. These photos had another members copyright watermark and EXIF on them. This breaches site rules : Rick

peterking
07-06-2011, 10:49pm
That is absolutely brilliant!
The fact that you got Allan and Michael involved I was half expecting the style of images you got. They certainly are a pair!

Doninoz
07-06-2011, 11:18pm
What a great series and a very good idea...I like it and had a laugh.

Bennymiata
08-06-2011, 11:52am
What a fun day out!

kiwi
08-06-2011, 11:58am
fun photos, but technically not that good - too out of focus with massive white balance shifts.

mandab99
08-06-2011, 3:34pm
Now these I enjoyed!!!! What a crack up and I just love that you all have a wicked sense of humour!!!! Its amazing what people throw out and its even more amazing how cool they can make as props!!! Here's hoping you do something along the same lines again :th3::th3:

Lance B
08-06-2011, 3:41pm
I must say that is a brialliant idea and the photos are even better! Really well done. Love the poses for each of the photos for the respective pieces of garbage.

chamellieon
09-06-2011, 8:51pm
thanks everyone!
I know the technicality is really down, but I had so much fun doing it, it really doesn't matter that much to me if they weren't spot on

Coral
09-06-2011, 9:19pm
Loved this project, what fun you must of had, yes I think another person with video camera is a must for episode 2...:th3:

Milbs1
10-06-2011, 9:47am
haha, crazy mad fools!!

Ben
10-06-2011, 10:52pm
Very creative, wonder what the neighbours thought? :p

Analog6
11-06-2011, 5:38am
Mel, Allan and Michael, this is brilliant, a very creative vision and imagination. You should make a photobook of it. If you do it on Blurb it can go in their shop - who knows, you might sell some!

Terri
15-06-2011, 1:55pm
Haha! That's just brilliant! ... and you do have to wonder about those "Evidence, Do Not Touch" flags :eek: