PDA

View Full Version : 550 lens requirements for my needs suggestions?

AussieBrent
05-06-2011, 12:16pm
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone would like to recommend a couple of lens for me I am having a tough time deciding which ones to get.

I'm not to fussed about price but I wouldn't like to go over $1000 for two lens which I feel is what I require.

I currently have a 550d just standard lens kit I am looking at upgrading I really want to focus on taking pictures of :
Landscape
Beach
Bush
Seascape
Street
Rivers/streams
Anything really outdoors.

I'm thinking of for landscape pictures the 10-20mm Sigma 4-5.6 which is $435 via *removed, members with less than 50 posts cannot discuss/name commercial companies - refer to the site rules*

Anyone like to recommend a walkabout lens for say general photo taking or if you think of a better lens for landscape feel free to suggest that as well.

As I said happy to spend about $1000 for 2 lens if required.

Thanks

PH005
05-06-2011, 12:49pm
Sigma 10-20 and Sigma 24-70 2.8. :)

ricktas
05-06-2011, 12:51pm
The sigma 10-20 is a great landscape lens, i say get that one.

When you say you want a walk-about lens, what are you hoping to use it for? If you want a lens that covers reasonably wide angle right through to a bit of zoom and do not want to spend to many $$, have a look at a version of the 18-200's that are around.

AussieBrent
05-06-2011, 12:58pm
I have pretty much locked in the 10-20mm sigma just another question on that is it worth spending a little extra to the F3.5 or taking photos mainly outdoors it wouldn't really matter?

Rick - I used to live in Tas down in Hobart to bad im not down there now could of got some pointers off you hehe I just want a decent lens where lets say im walking around the city and want to take some quality snaps it would be more a general use lens which would pretty much be always on my camera except when not taking landscape shots with the 10-20mm. I don't mind spending a little bit of money on a lens as long as if i upgrade i can use it with another camera and its a quality lens. If i upgrade it would be to a Canon full frame camera i wouldn't change brands but this wouldn't be for a long time until I can take high quality pics and need to extra features of the better cameras.

PH005
05-06-2011, 1:37pm
Don't worry about the 3.5 .The 4.-5.6 is super. If you are thinking of a HQ lens then you might look at something like the EF 24-105L f4. But one of these will take up all your budget. My advice is to think long and hard over what you want and need . Read up on all the reviews.

fabian628
05-06-2011, 7:54pm
15-85mm lens might be an all in one solution.