PDA

View Full Version : First Competition

Bally
03-06-2011, 9:22pm
Dear all,

Entered my first comp here a few weeks back, and I have to say I really like the thrill. I got a couple of votes, and seeing the other pics, that was a pretty fair result. It is my first entry after quite some time on the site, and just going in, and trying it out has given me a bit of a lift reinvigorated my interest in cameras, just as it was starting to lose its position in my ladder of hobbies. Anyway, just posting this note to say, if you are a member and haven't thrown a pic into the competition ring, I suggest you try, the only possible result is positive.

Cheers

dbax
03-06-2011, 10:01pm
hey Bally, Well done, why not post the entry and get some CC, it might give some direction for improvement or technical tips that might help you if not others, mind you its been a pretty tough comp for a while now :th3::th3:

mechawombat
04-06-2011, 12:27am
I suppose there is that nagging element that you would have if you have not entered that the pic that you took is "GOOD" enough,

I joined AP purely to improve my photography and I honeslty have earnt so much in the short space of time I have been here posting in a competition would be the "next step"

But Bally has a good point the thing I love about AP is it is SO positive regardless of the brand of gear you use and the level you are at:th3:

rebel18
15-06-2011, 3:10pm
Really??? I'm new to this site as well, where do you see your votes, I have'nt seen any , where do you look?
Congratulation on your votes though I hope to see some some time. What do you like photographing?
I love BUGS and birds.

Mark L
15-06-2011, 9:14pm
Really??? I'm new to this site as well, where do you see your votes, I have'nt seen any , where do you look?

If you go to the competitions page here (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/apcompetition.php?do=entercomp) , scroll down to recently close comps. and click on the Qualifying Vote (Poll) Final Vote (Poll) the results will appear.:th3:

Bally
19-06-2011, 9:52pm
Here is the competition pic, and I would love to hear some CC. I have a list of the things I think are wrong, or weak with it.

Cheers