PDA

View Full Version : Use of a gaming mouse for lightroom

kiwi
03-06-2011, 2:18pm
Thanks to Dave Clifford I picked up a logitech G500 gaming mouse for use with lightoom - FANTASTIC TIMESAVER

Have programmed in to the buttons right and left arrow, crop, reject, flag

Makes is SO much quiker to edit photos

Thanks DC !!

JM Tran
03-06-2011, 2:24pm
Ive been doing this since 2008, when the print lab I was working at had a keyboard for editing and control of the whole printing suite and we can only adjust everything by keyboard ie. white balance, exposure, sharpness etc. Now I do it sometimes on a gaming pad too.

it really does speed things up so much once you memorize the buttons and you can blast through a few hundred photos in about 1/3 of the time you would with a normal mouse clicking.

however I only found this to be at its most efficient when processing/editing photos which has a degree of uniformity to it, like portraiture, sports, product shots, even landscape. But when it comes to weddings I prefer every shot to be different and use selective editing too which takes more time etc.

kiwi
03-06-2011, 2:27pm
Exactly, for me bouncing through 500 sports shots very cool, can't believe it's taken me this long

ving
03-06-2011, 2:30pm
not a bad idea... thank for sharing it! :)

etherial
03-06-2011, 6:15pm
Good tip :th3:

I use a Logitech M705 (about $70 these days I think) which is pretty good. Laser precision, wireless, fast scrolling and feels nice in the hand. It has some extra buttons (not as many as yours though!) and I programmed them forward, back, undo, redo and change module (handy when flicking from library to develop modules). I love it!!

ricktas
03-06-2011, 6:42pm
I have the G500 and do the same, though a bit of a warning, if you are left handed (like me), it is much easier to use the mouse right handed. Luckily I can use a mouse with either, but using a gaming mouse with your left hand feels ʎllɐǝɹ pɹıǝʍ ... and as far as I can tell there is only 1 left handed gaming mouse available and it inst a good model

I @ M
03-06-2011, 6:47pm
$49.00 is still pretty cheap for a red hot mouse though. (http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logitech-g500-gaming-mouse.html)