PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom 3 - Slide show order

rwfox
02-06-2011, 9:51pm
I am trying to arrange my pictures into a slide show but I am having trouble moving the pictures. I have given the pictures two stars to separate the best but they are still in the order I shot them. I also want to add some key pictures from my partners G10. I have tried the pick option but it makes no difference.
I have also watched the Adobe-TV they suggest you should be able to drag and drop. Any ideas?

Cheers :)

JohnB5319
02-06-2011, 10:10pm
I've just tried it with my copy (on a Mac) and it works. When you drag the picture, a thicker black line appears in the gap between the two pictures you're hovering between/over. If you release the mouse there, the pic should be inserted there. The first pic (on the LHS) doesn't move. The RH one is pushed along. Hope this helps.

JohnB5319
02-06-2011, 10:15pm
Also, I've got a few different cameras up in my system. When I want to do a slideshow from several folders (from the same or different cameras), I create a Collection and drag copies into that so things don't get mucked up.

JohnB5319
02-06-2011, 10:16pm
One more thought, are you dragging the thumbnail frames or the actual thumbnail? It won't work if you try to drag the thumbnail frame.

rwfox
02-06-2011, 10:25pm
Thanks John
I have the thumb nails in Library Filter view. Also the Sort set to time shot, which sort should I use?

JohnB5319
03-06-2011, 7:27pm
Try using "User Order". That's what mine is set to as a default. I don't normally use that - I just drag them around. Maybe yours keep going back to their original setting. It took me a while to realise that you need to drag the actual thumbnail picture and not its frame. This is particularly important when you want to drag a number of marked / highlighted pics to something like a Set.

rwfox
03-06-2011, 8:08pm
Thanks John..............
.................................I did a search on "User Order" as it was not in my sort list. I found it is not available in a smart collection. So I deleted all folders attached to the original imported folder and the drag and drop worked. Its a new package to me so I have a few tricks to learn. Cheers :D

JohnB5319
03-06-2011, 8:42pm
No problem! Good luck with it.;)