PDA

View Full Version : Willow Court / Royal Derwent TAS

Dan Cripps
02-06-2011, 8:50pm
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone here on the forum has any info relating to the willow court precinct and whether it is currently accessible to photographers or if arrangements can be made to that end?

I have a current project which would suit the site (amongst others) but I'm not sure of the current state of affairs up there.

Any information or contacts would be much appreciated!

CherylB
02-06-2011, 9:10pm
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone here on the forum has any info relating to the willow court precinct and whether it is currently accessible to photographers or if arrangements can be made to that end?

I have a current project which would suit the site (amongst others) but I'm not sure of the current state of affairs up there.

Any information or contacts would be much appreciated!

The "current state of affairs" is diabolical! The place is falling into disrepair because the "company" that owns it (Derwent Valley Council) won't do anything with it (despite being given Government money to do so)! The site is fenced off. They did have an "open day" relatively recently, but generally, it is not accessible. I suggest you contact the council for access information.

I would love to able to wander around the place to take some photos but I'm a bit too law-abiding to just wander in!

Dan Cripps
02-06-2011, 9:37pm
Ugh. I was hoping it wouldn't be a choice of trespassing or drowning in bureaucracy... :(

jarvo325
25-07-2011, 3:19pm
CherylB is pretty much spot on.

However if you want to go Ninja style I could give you a few hints or get you in contact with some of the private owners, if you still want them?
View my website for further info on Royal Derwent & Willow Court.

www.royalderwent.com

wideangle
25-07-2011, 3:30pm
Sadly many of the buildings have been demolished or in a state of disrepair which is sad to see as this site pre-dates Port Arthur. Some of my collection from the former Institution are here (http://www.tryanphotos.com/Architecture/Abandoned-Derilict-Building/Royal-Derwent-Hospital/6417343_dQtDw#542924346_XsmpU)

jarvo325
25-07-2011, 3:35pm
Oh hey Thomas, long time no talk.

Love your photos mate!

wideangle
25-07-2011, 3:42pm
Oh hey Thomas, long time no talk.

Love your photos mate!

Thanks Nick, I've plenty more photos I've taken in the project to process, it's just getting the time to do them:)

jarvo325
25-07-2011, 3:49pm
I know what its like, Awesome I look forward to viewing them!!!!!!!