PDA

View Full Version : Raw k5

motox
02-06-2011, 8:05pm
Can someone please give me a run down, on how to take RAWpics/dwld/change ect, Ive dwld the software, plus dwlding it from cam to usb port.
Any help is appreciated...

Starman
02-06-2011, 8:40pm
Hi Motox,

I don't have a Pentax, but generally you need to to change the picture format from JPEG often repreesented as Large (L) Small (S) with fine levels as well, to RAW format in the menu options. Check the camera manual, if you don't have it, search the web.

Be careful not to chosse the fucntion "Format" as this may erase the images on the memory card.

Perhaps take some test photos in RAW then upload to your PC.

In terms of the downloaded software, it depends what .it is e.g. Picasa, which allows most types of RAW files, or a plugin can be used. Most software comes with Help files

There are also some great blogs such as this site, and videos in YouTube that may help, or your local TAFE or evening college may run photo editing courses - contact your local council for colleges.

Hope this helps more than confuses, :D
Cheers
Starman

Kym
02-06-2011, 8:40pm
Read the manual
- Page 200

Then get more memory cards ;)

You HAVE to do some PP for raw images - watch the colour space depending on what software you use.
I use Lightroom, not the Pentax software, but it does a reasonable job from what I've seen

motox
02-06-2011, 9:14pm
Didnt get a manual, over seas buyer:confused013,,
I just want to know what buttons to hit ,from the moment i pick up the K5..
Then to the computer software..????? Thank you,,,,

Kym
02-06-2011, 9:27pm
Manual... http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/download_manual.html :D

motox
03-06-2011, 6:51pm
Thanx Kym, ive had the manual dwld for some time, BUT, it dosent mention too much about
Taking raw Pics, Alls im after is, Do i Press the raw button in manual mode.. Then dwld pic to the software that came with the camera

ricstew
04-06-2011, 7:25am
Set the camera to raw mode ( page 200 ) and then just shoot......dont need to do anything else at the camera