PDA

View Full Version : 645D “Best DSLR Professional” at 2011 TIPA European Photo & Imaging Awards

Kym
02-06-2011, 10:20am
http://www.pentax.jp/english/news/announce/20110422.html

HOYA CORPORATION PENTAX Imaging Systems Division is pleased to announce that the PENTAX 645D lens-interchangeable, medium-format digital SLR camera, first launched in June 2010, was selected the Best DSLR Professional in Europe 2011 by the prestigious Technical Image Press Association (TIPA). The selection was made primarily because of the camera’s exceptional, super-fine image quality, as well as its excellent reliability and outstanding operability.

TIPA is an independent, non-profit organization comprising the chief editors and technical editors of 29 leading photo and imaging magazines in 14 countries, most of them in Europe. This year’s winners in various categories were decided from all new photo and imaging products introduced to the market from April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011. The PENTAX 645D received the highest rating in the Best DSLR Professional category.

In its official product citation, TIPA noted that its members “appreciated the design, build and feature specs,” in addition to the super-fine image quality delivered by 40 effective megapixels. The camera’s magnesium alloy body is fully dust-proof and weather-resistant, “making it a great choice for outdoor and location photographers.” They continued to note that “the all-glass trapezoid pentaprism finder makes for a dazzling capture experience.” Finally, they made a special mention of the lens system. “Perhaps most impressive is lens compatibility, which encompasses both the new D FA autofocus lenses as well as older 645 lenses.”

PH005
02-06-2011, 10:32am
What a pity it's so damn UGLY.

William
02-06-2011, 10:35am

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder !! I'll have one please :D

Cage
02-06-2011, 2:45pm
What a pity it's so damn EXPENSIVE.

If I could afford it I'd have one today.

But, what excuse could I then use when my photos don't match my expectations. :confused013

Kym
02-06-2011, 2:53pm
Still less $$ than a 'blad or Phase one :p

Please have a look at the Library watermark :D http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php A thing of beauty !

JM Tran
02-06-2011, 3:05pm
or read my review of it and sample photos from work:)

PH005
02-06-2011, 3:12pm
Please have a look at the Library watermark :D http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php A thing of beauty !

Oh Kym, Please. How much is Pentax paying you ? :rolleyes:

Kym
02-06-2011, 3:25pm
Oh Kym, Please. How much is Pentax paying you ? :rolleyes:

I had to come up with a decent camera graphic ... the choice was easy. :plogo:

I @ M
02-06-2011, 6:50pm

Aaawwww c'mon, it is a tool to do a job and shaped according to function over form unlike white lenses that I am sure are pseudo masculinity symbols that seemingly place form over function. :p

What a pity it's so damn EXPENSIVE.

I guess expensive is relative to want need and in the scheme of things it is priced similarly to professional usage bodies from N and C and if I was deriving an income stream commensurate with any of those bodies I would call it a positive bargain.

peterb666
02-06-2011, 7:04pm
I think it is well deserved. For what it is, great value and performance. Obviously, the 645 is not a mainstream camera. It certainly isn't ugly, there have been plenty of ugly digital cameras in the past (just think of some of the Kodak cameras from a few years ago).

I agree, give me one and I will use it.

ricstew
02-06-2011, 9:32pm
Yep I would line up too :)

arthurking83
03-06-2011, 6:46am
I didn't realise that the looks of a camera had any bearing on it's performance, ability or desirability!!

:crike: the reality is that they all look ugly!
But, and if given the choice, I'd take an ugly but capable camera over a better looking but less capable one .... any day of the week!

Analog6
03-06-2011, 7:23am
Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder !! I'll have one please :D

DITTO! It's no 'uglier' than any DSLR, just larger. JM Tran wrote his very useful (IMHO) review of it in this thread (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?82301-My-Review-of-Pentax-645D-from-Fashion-Shoot!-With-pics&highlight=645D) back in April. I'd have one in a flash!

jim
03-06-2011, 7:35am
I know I want one!