PDA

View Full Version : No regrets on new 135mm f2!

GrahamS
27-05-2011, 11:49pm
Hey Guys.
After much debating over which lens to buy as a portrait lens, 100mm f2.8 L Macro, 70-200 f2.8 IS II, finally went and laid out the bucks for the 135mm f2 after much reading of reviews and viewing much eye candy of this lens and I have to tell ya I'M IMPRESSED!!!
The lens is as sharp as people have been reporting with the AF fast and accurate.
I have no hesitation in recomending this lens as a great portrait lens, if you have been sitting on the fence with this lens, dont, it is everything people have been saying about it, IT'S AWESOME. I have included a shot with the lens from today, only PP is an exposure adjustment, no cropping and no sharpening. Just a quick test shot.
Cheers (off to edit my signature!)

Dylan & Marianne
28-05-2011, 6:32am
thanks for the quick review - I've been deciding for ages between this lens and the sigma 85mm 1.4 for canon - still haven't decided lol

Xenedis
28-05-2011, 11:27am
Congrats on the purchase. You will love the 135/2L; I've owned mine for years, and it's a stellar lens.

It can deliver amazing results. My standard 'walk-around' kit consists of my 16-35/2.8L (I shoot mostly 'scapes) and either my 85/1.2L II or 135/2L (which is in my bag at the moment).

Dylan, get it (the 135). You won't regret it.