PDA

View Full Version : Yah step up to K-5

motox
26-05-2011, 7:53pm
howdy A.Pers. As ive mentoined in my previous Thread, I own a K-5 and love it,
Just joined Pentax forumn(world wide) tonite and was amazed how many threads were about using it in P/mode, green mode,:eek: (and Complaining light matters) Why spend the $$ on the k-5 if yah gunna put the setting on point and shoot,:rolleyes:
In Manual Mode,,front turn dial changes your Speed/ Back dial,Apperture/
index finger(shutterFinger) only moves 15mm back to change iso/(hold iso button Turn Back dial to change...Best cam ive owned already...just on this alone...

Cant wait for moror cross this weekend...:)

ricstew
26-05-2011, 8:10pm
You just wait.......the K5 has more bells and whistles than you imagine......when ya work it all out let me know please! :wd:
cheers
Jan

Kym
26-05-2011, 10:52pm
The K-5 rocks!! You will love it

smallfooties
26-05-2011, 11:08pm
i'm getting more and more curious about pentax now that my friend also has the k5.
he keeps telling me that the camera can do all sorts of tricks! Can the newer nikon cameras do them too or is it just unique to pentax?

I @ M
27-05-2011, 5:37am
i'm getting more and more curious about pentax now that my friend also has the k5.
he keeps telling me that the camera can do all sorts of tricks! Can the newer nikon cameras do them too or is it just unique to pentax?

What sort of "tricks" is your friend talking about?

The Pentax is a very capable camera with plenty of features that enable excellent photographs to be achieved --- BUT --- all the "tricks" in the world are of no use unless the person who has the camera knows how to use them.

The Pentax K5 and the Nikon D7000 have similar qualities and are both the latest models from those companies. They share the same Sony manufactured sensor and apply their own processing in camera.

Tommo1965
27-05-2011, 7:46am
the K5 has the best handling ..all the buttons are in the right place etc...easy to shoot and change things like ISO without having to remove the camera from your eye.

I loved mine.....the nikon I have now isn't as good in the areas where the K5 shines...

ricstew
27-05-2011, 8:30am
the K5 has pixie dust.........only Pentax has that :)

I @ M
27-05-2011, 8:49am
the K5 has pixie dust.........only Pentax has that :)

Inbuilt from the factory ---- on the sensor? :p

ricstew
27-05-2011, 11:04am
Both ! Cant you see it sparkle in the moonlight?

smallfooties
29-05-2011, 6:18pm
tricks like the in camera processing stuffs!
I've seen some of his pictures and they make me jealous... LOL...
But i suppose you can also do them PP?
Anyhow, he seems to know what he is doing with the camera - like everything else, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But, good to see what the pentax is capable of doing!
However, i really like Nikon and have invested in Nikon now... So perhaps i will upgrade to a Nikon that is able to do similar tricks or get a second body... hmmm.... now the possibilities are endless!
kekeke....

Darey
29-05-2011, 7:27pm
Moto X
Congratulations to you an getting that fine instrument. I hope you get many years of fine shooting out of it.

motox
29-05-2011, 8:20pm
took 475 motorcross pics Saturday just gone. I chose Vibrant mode:-(
went out today and found me self strugglin to find the right setting..Landscape???

jaga04
08-06-2011, 7:45pm
Just got a K5 and going from a 20D the improvment in photos quality is outstanding. the camera is very comfortable to use and the auto focus is a big improvement.:)

BabySwine
08-06-2011, 8:09pm
Still saving for that K5 but it is getting so close now i can smell the newness, can anyone tell me if the sigma flash 530 super is ok on it. Thanks

Tommo1965
08-06-2011, 9:21pm
Still saving for that K5 but it is getting so close now i can smell the newness, can anyone tell me if the sigma flash 530 super is ok on it. Thanks

I had a sigma DG 500 Super..it worked fine with the K5..so Id have to say a 530 would too

tim71
11-06-2011, 11:17pm
babyswine

have a look at this site to determine your best flash options, like all things photographic, it depends what you want to do

http://pttl.mattdm.org/

cheers,

Tim

MarkChap
13-06-2011, 7:28am
Looking forward to seeing some shots from the new kit

campdog
10-08-2011, 2:40pm
Im on my second K5.Got the first in February and lots of focusing problems.Pentax repaired and worked fine.Had a lot of shutter and mirror problems sinse then and Pentax replaced the camera body 2 weeks ago after a 6 week trip to the USA. I love the image quality the camera produces and the amazing colors I got when shooting at night in Las Vegas. I hope the problems are behind me now. I took 8500 shots in raw between the K5 and K10D so spending heaps of time processing. Glad I found my way back to this forum and the fun of photography.

John