PDA

View Full Version : Help with a mobile phone ID

Analog6
26-05-2011, 3:01pm
Need model # or how to remove the SIM card for this phone. My sister sent it to me so I can have a Vodafone pre paid chip in it and ring her for nothing as she has a Vodafone too. But I cannot work out how to get the darned SIM that is in there out (it fails registration, the phone says).

Any help gratefully received.

fillum
26-05-2011, 3:18pm
Take the battery out. Get your fingernail (or something thin) behind the bottom edge of the SIM card (where the little recess bit in the phone body is) and slide the SIM under the metallic bit back towards the battery compartment. (That's how I do it for mine anyway, although mine is different model).

Cheers.

AmyK
26-05-2011, 9:19pm
Yep, what Fillum said. Instead of getting your fingernail or something thin, you should just be able to shove it with your finger and it should just slide out. If it's a dud SIM then it won't matter if you do that.

Analog6
27-05-2011, 4:50am
Thanks you Richard and Phil, take the battery out first - Gee I must be dumb, I never thought of that!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Thanks again

I @ M
27-05-2011, 5:28am
Gee I must be dumb, I never thought of that!

I wouldn't feel bad about that one if I were you because if it were me I would still be trying to get the back cover of the thing. :D