PDA

View Full Version : resizing panorama probs?

britinozz
25-05-2011, 7:54pm
Can any one tell me how to resize a panorama image say 30x10 ,what i mean is i have a image but cant seem to change the image size in lightroom then export for send ing away to get printed can some one tell me step by step sorry never done this before.

ricktas
25-05-2011, 8:05pm
Are you trying to increase or decrease the size of the file you have now to get to 30 inch x 10 inch?

britinozz
25-05-2011, 8:16pm
increase size.

britinozz
25-05-2011, 8:22pm
Its the glass house mountain picture which i posted in the pano section.

ricktas
25-05-2011, 8:42pm
Not sure how to do it in lightroom, but upsizing has to be done carefully and well to ensure your end result is good.

I use perfect resize (http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite/perfect-resize/?ind)

britinozz
25-05-2011, 8:43pm
Thanks for that i will give it a go.

James T
26-05-2011, 4:12pm
In LR you don't set the size then export. It's all one step. So, crop to the right ratio (3:1 in this case) then click export: in the dialogue box that opens there is a section for image dimensions - set this to inches and type in what you want - check the colour space - click export and you're done.

For this I would use Photoshop though (assuming you used PS to create the pano) flatten the .PSD and resize using bicubic smoother in the options - convert to whatever colour space (if needed) - sharpen - save as .tiff :th3: