PDA

View Full Version : Does Your Personality Show Through In Your Photos ?

PH005
19-05-2011, 8:35am
Looking at all the wonderful images that are posted here on AP, I can't help but wonder if the genre or style of photography is in someway a reflection of the person behind the camera. Are you the outdoors type and mainly take landscapes. Are you a sports fanatic and concentrate on this genre. What about macro ? What would that say about a person. I feel sure there is a link. One way to tell is by your honost feedback. Give it a little thought. Might be interesting.

I try to have a go at everything. A bit like my life. Sometimes I will give up on something if I cannot get a quick result. Im a pretty private person, maybe that is why I am getting into "macro". One on one. Close and personal. :)

JM Tran
19-05-2011, 11:02am
It certainly does for me:)

CAP
19-05-2011, 5:54pm
Scatter brain that's got nothing...... definitely reflected in my photos.

geoffsta
19-05-2011, 7:15pm
I'm the type of person that will have a go at anything. Although I don't like gardening, and I'm not a fan of bugs. That's proberly why I'm not interested in macro, or interested in taking photos of plants. :confused013

Xenedis
19-05-2011, 7:27pm
Interesting question.

My approach to my photography and the high standards I set for myself, together say more about my personality than the subjects of my images.

I have shot a lot of seascapes in my time (and seem to be known for that genre), yet I'm not an outdoors type of person; I don't swim in the ocean or engage in watersports.

colinbm
19-05-2011, 7:46pm
Ummmmmmmm, maybe opposites attract ?
Col

PH005
19-05-2011, 7:51pm
Interesting question.

My approach to my photography and the high standards I set for myself, together say more about my personality than the subjects of my images.

I have shot a lot of seascapes in my time (and seem to be known for that genre), yet I'm not an outdoors type of person; I don't swim in the ocean or engage in watersports.

So would you call yourself a fastidious person/photographer ?

PH005
19-05-2011, 7:52pm
Ummmmmmmm, maybe opposites attract ?
Col

Example ?

colinbm
19-05-2011, 8:49pm
Example ?

I would call myself a fastidious photographer but not a fastidious person :confused013
I live in chaos but want neatness & order in my pixs.
Col

Xenedis
19-05-2011, 9:06pm
So would you call yourself a fastidious person/photographer ?

Most definitely. On both counts. Perfectionist.

Ms Monny
19-05-2011, 9:14pm
Not at the moment! I am still trying to find what is 'me' and then, hopefully, my personality will shine through my images. Someone the other day asked me what do I photograph, when I told her that I have taken the hobby back up, and I really couldn't pinpoint anything in particular. I said still life, mono, landscapes, people....but that didn't seem to satisfy her. :confused013

Xenedis
19-05-2011, 9:16pm
Someone the other day asked me what do I photography, when I told her that I have taken the hobby back up, and I really couldn't pinpoint anything in particular. I said still life, mono, landscapes, people....but that didn't seem to satisfy her. :confused013

Your photography should be satisfying to you. If anyone else gains satisfaction from it, it's a bonus.

AdamR
19-05-2011, 9:52pm
I hope mine reflect me. At the end of the process I aim to take photos and process them to reflect what I see or what drew me to a scene. Some aspects must reflect my technical views on many things, but essentially everything Ive learnt was learnt to give me the ability to show what I see or what drew my attention enough to take a photograph.

Interesting topic.

sunny6teen
19-05-2011, 10:41pm
sometimes...but nothing photoflo can't remedy

Darey
19-05-2011, 11:30pm
No: As a photographer I am still just a recorder and am not good enough to show personality in my shots.

PH005
20-05-2011, 5:58am
No: As a photographer I am still just a recorder and am not good enough to show personality in my shots.

I disagree Darey. Looking at your shots you seem to have a love of water and colour, but they are also tight in appearence, not too wide in view.

smallfooties
22-05-2011, 12:06am
I think my images reflects me in the way people think i'm strange or weird... LOL

Kerry Rainer
22-05-2011, 12:27am
Interesting question Paul...and I suppose in a way my personality is reflected in my photo's. I'm curious by nature..and patient and stubborn and you'll always find me outside, prodding and poking and wondering! LOL! So I guess that's why Macro appeals to me so much. I get to see so many wonderful, truly fascinating creatures close up.it's exciting! I also love the challenge of trying to get a decent shot with my little P+S.

WhoDo
22-05-2011, 12:32am
If I had one it might. When I get one I'm sure it will! Is that too enigmatic?

PH005
22-05-2011, 7:22am
I think my images reflects me in the way people think i'm strange or weird... LOL

You might have just summed ME up too smallfooties. :D

PH005
22-05-2011, 7:26am
Interesting question Paul...and I suppose in a way my personality is reflected in my photo's. I'm curious by nature..and patient and stubborn and you'll always find me outside, prodding and poking and wondering! LOL! So I guess that's why Macro appeals to me so much. I get to see so many wonderful, truly fascinating creatures close up.it's exciting! I also love the challenge of trying to get a decent shot with my little P+S.

From what I see from your images Kerry, I think you have a wonderful personality shinning through. :)

PH005
22-05-2011, 7:27am
If I had one it might. When I get one I'm sure it will! Is that too enigmatic?

No. That is You to a T Waz. 'Man of Mystery'. :D

Kerry Rainer
22-05-2011, 12:43pm
From what I see from your images Kerry, I think you have a wonderful personality shinning through. :)
You're just trying to make a middle aged woman blush Paul ( and it worked! :o) :)

WhoDo
22-05-2011, 12:57pm
You're just trying to make a middle aged woman blush Paul ( and it worked! :o) :)

How can anyone see you blush behind the Groucho Marx disguise? :lol:

Kerry Rainer
22-05-2011, 1:38pm
How can anyone see you blush behind the Groucho Marx disguise? :lol:
:D:D;)

WhiteFire
23-05-2011, 5:29pm
For me, I think a new part of my personality has become apparent through my photos.

I always said I wasn't artistic, wasn't patient, wasn't much about the details in life.

And yet through my lens I manage to see what no one else would pay attention to. Its made me become patient, especially when I've managed to shake my hand on the 37th take :lol:

PH005
23-05-2011, 9:28pm
Nice answer WhiteFire. I like that. Look forward to seeing some of those images. :th3:

Colourised
24-05-2011, 2:56am
id definitely say yes. from my limited experience of course. photos taken reflects how the person sees things and what are of interest at the time. ive been moving from a few genres or should i say phases in my case. moved from my idea of an "ideal" photograph (initial learning experience with a dslr, very contrasty oversharpened images), to more of a POV (Point of View) type images /street snaps? then now im back to a modest balance between the two which i think currently is shaping my images.

plus theres always a different signature of images from different photographers either by shooting style or post processing