PDA

View Full Version : The Business of Photography a blog post

astrogirl529
18-05-2011, 3:26pm
Hi Everyone,

Haven't posted for a while, age actually life gets very busy! I updated my photography blog and wrote a post about going into business. Would appreciate feedback on the site and also if you have any thoughts to add I'd like to hear them too.

http://www.nicolehastings.com/2011/05/18/the-business-of-photography/ (http://www.nicolehastings.com/2011/05/18/the-business-of-photography/)

I @ M
18-05-2011, 4:54pm
Your "blog" only seems to highlight your uncertainty about starting a business and a lack of self confidence.

That is not a good way to start out so I would advise against it, you will need not just great photographic skills to succeed survive but also organisational skills.

Possibly start honing those skill sets by correcting the dead links in your signature -----

astrogirl529
18-05-2011, 5:42pm
Well my account was only just re activated so I was unable to edit my signature until I posted something. A blog is personal thoughts so that's all I am sharing, and was hoping for some comments about how people got their businesses going.

astrogirl529
18-05-2011, 5:46pm
There we go, signature should be fixed now.

ricktas
18-05-2011, 7:18pm
My thoughts here. You have been inactive for nearly 12 months, then come back and want us to share with you our comments about getting our businesses going. AP is about sharing and giving, and then receiving. So how about joining in and giving something to the members first, maybe a few critiques etc, then try and get information from us.

astrogirl529
18-05-2011, 10:52pm
Sorry I have been off having a baby and been very busy, now he is a bit older I thought I might join back in again, it said I needed to make a post to be active again so I did. Was just a post to get things going again, not looking for information, I have been reading through the threads for that. Just trying to join back in. Didn't mean to upset anyone, feel free to delete the thread.

ricktas
19-05-2011, 5:54am
Maybe the information HERE (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?73305-Becoming-a-Professional-Photographer) will assist you in relation to what you need to start a business.

astrogirl529
19-05-2011, 11:09am
Thanks I have had a good read through that.

Adrian Fischer
19-05-2011, 12:19pm
when I view your blog, every page brings up trend micro virus program telling me there is something suspicious on your pages. somthing about copygator?? being blocked.

astrogirl529
19-05-2011, 2:17pm
Really? That is very strange, what browser are you using? Copygator is a plug in to stop right clicking, but it shouldn't do that! I will look into it. Thank you.

Kym
19-05-2011, 3:18pm
Really? That is very strange, what browser are you using? Copygator is a plug in to stop right clicking, but it shouldn't do that! I will look into it. Thank you.

The right click prevention is a very weak protection.
I can bypass it in about 10 seconds - literally.

The only serious protection of images (other than not putting them on the web at all) is to keep them low-res and watermark them.

Please do not rely on a disabled right click for protection! It does not work.

astrogirl529
19-05-2011, 5:30pm
Yes I know, screen shots are very easy to do. If someone is going to steal something they will find a way.