PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on orb balls

matt22
13-05-2011, 8:42am
Hi all

I was playing around on the net and came across a site discussing Orb balls. (there is a huge amount of content in relation to orb's) Orb balls are round circular patches of light captured in a photograph. Many people believe that the balls are connected to ghosts / spirits.

After a little further research I discovered people go orb hunting trying to catch this "supposed phenomenon". Grave yards, spooky looking houses & places of significance where a death may have occurred are popular orb hunting grounds.

It sates orbs are best captured in the dark with a digital camera and the use of flash. My personal opinion is its just dust particles / light reflection of some kind.

I was wondering what others thought about orbs?

If you haven’t seen one before jump onto google and search "orb pictures" and check it out for yourself ;)

By the way, I’m not a believer of the orbs, just purely interested in what people think

Cheers

Matt

Rattus79
13-05-2011, 8:50am
A friend of mine is a firm believer, every time i go there he pulls out his camera and shows me another shot he's taken with a tiny little white orb somewhere in the background.

Me, I believe I've never captured one. But i rarely shoot at night without a tripod, and haven't taken my flashes out at night either. I think you will find that 99% of them are shot hand held and like you say, dust/flare coupled with unsteady hands could cause this.

lay-z
13-05-2011, 10:27am
They're just really big dust bunnies! :D

dbax
13-05-2011, 10:43am
Oddly enough these things only seem to appear on the photos, people present when the photos are taken rarely see them, those that do, seem to notice them only after they've seen the photos.

flame70
13-05-2011, 10:44am
http://www.parascience.org.uk/articles/orbs.htm

interesting- the tech side to it

James T
13-05-2011, 10:59am
They only seem to appear to people who are looking for them. Like in that last article, they appeared on video when filming a 'documentary' on ghosts - of course they did. And a 'characteristic' of the orbs is that they appear in haunted places. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I find it hard to take any article seriously when it has that many exclamation points in it. :)

Flare and bored people with cameras and an internet connection is my take on it.

ameerat42
13-05-2011, 4:28pm
...Many people believe that the balls are connected to ghosts / spirits...
...I was wondering what others thought about orbs?...
...By the way, I’m not a believer of the orbs, just purely interested in what people think...
Re lines quoted:
1) Of the alcoholic types?
2) I try not to, but ODD balls are OK, and calculus and particle physics.
3) I'd count this a plus.
:eek::(:D

ving
13-05-2011, 4:31pm
the aliens are coming!

orb balls... peh!

matt22
13-05-2011, 8:30pm
Have we all gone back through our old images looking for orb balls now lol?

matt22
14-05-2011, 7:44am
http://www.parascience.org.uk/articles/orbs.htm

interesting- the tech side to it

There certainly has been a huge amount of research conducted on orbs, I'm still not convinced though :confused013

Astroman
14-05-2011, 7:57am
I have captured these so called orb balls many times while out, mucking around with the camera, inside and outside. I have also captured them on my Mobile Phone and Video camera, set on nightshot. IMHO, just out of focus dust floating about. Similar to the "Dust Bunny" except they are airborne dust particles, not landed particles on the lens, hence the reason they don't always appear on every frame.... But I do like the explanation of it being a spiritual being, or Guardian Angel, I am sure it will give peace to some that they have an explanation of what they are...

Exposed Monkey
20-05-2011, 3:54pm
I thought that was lens flare :)