PDA

View Full Version : Rockhampton Mon9th - Thurs19th May

accesser
09-05-2011, 8:39am
I'll be in Rocky for a couple weeks on work, If any members are in the area I may be able to catch up I'm staying over the weekend and will have time outside of work hours.

Alternatively if members have any suggestions of places to visit I have a hire car so welcome any suggestions.

ncbuxton
09-05-2011, 6:06pm
Try Kershaw gardens, Mount Archer, Mount Morgan, Yeppoon, Roslyn Bay Marina (Rock faces are quite amazing). Byfield Nat Park, Waterpark Creek area. Mount Jim Crow an dthe volcanic plugs. Lake Mary but the roads are feral. I work in Rocky but am heading out on Friday 13th for a week.

accesser
09-05-2011, 7:33pm
Thanks so much for the info very helpful

Was some amazing clouds over some of the area today hope to get a chance to shoot something like that at some stage .

MarkChap
09-05-2011, 8:30pm
Bugger, work has me on a road trip to Longreach for the 2 weeks

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

accesser
09-05-2011, 8:44pm
I may be back at some point work has me doing a lot of travel lately:

Mount Isa
Mackay
Townsville
Toowoomba
Gladstone
Bundaberg
Maryborough

To name a few of my recent ventures

ncbuxton
10-05-2011, 5:27pm
Emerald and the Gemfields around Sapphire are fun as well. If you are heading back to Mackay, try Eungella. The bird life is lively and try photographing a platypus at dusk!

GlennSan
13-05-2011, 7:25pm
I haven't logged on all week Jason so sorry that plans have already been made up here otherwise I might have taken a spin down to see you. I'll try and be more diligent about logging in often and checking for your other visits up this way.

Glenn

accesser
14-05-2011, 12:30am
No worries I was in Mackay not long ago actually will let you know if I visit again