PDA

View Full Version : Speedlight softbox grid

reaction
06-05-2011, 1:05pm
Now I'm after a cheap softbox or striplight to play with using standard speedlights. It's easy enough to find a speedlight softbox on many sites.

But when it comes to grids, they only seem to be sold with studio boxes. And I can't find any striplight for speedlights at all.

Does anyone know any sellers in Sydney that sell a striplight with grid, that fits a speedlight? I've never played with a softbox so I don't know how the speedring attaches to them or if they're the same sizes.
:th3:

andylo
06-05-2011, 3:59pm
Subscribed to this thread - as I am also looking at light modifiers for my speedlites.

reaction
08-05-2011, 8:19pm
seems ebay only has boxes. grids are only for studio boxes. I asked several sellers, and in the end they cannot sell

1) Speedlight softbox with grid
2) grid for softbox

they hint that if I bought a studio box with grid I could take the grid and probably stick it onto the Speedlight softbox. Then I can just throw away the studio box !
yay!

:th3:

Blueywa
22-05-2011, 11:17pm
If you are just after 'small' kit that fits onto the speedlights then there are some kits available both on fleabay and in some camera stores for around the $100.
The ones I've seen include things like a small softbox with a few different coloured covers included, a snoot with some honeycomb type attachments, a globe, a beauty dish, etc.
The other option is to use the larger stand mounted ones which normally include a bracket to attach to the stand, and it has a speedring to fit the softbox to.
The speedlight fits onto the bracket and slides into the rear of the softbox through the speedring; Some have a velcrow type closure method of wraping around the speedlight to stop the 'flash' escaping.
I havent used either so cant comment on how effective they are.
Good luck ;)