PDA

View Full Version : AP's new to photography....Im now a student ;)

DannyG
03-05-2011, 11:52am
I admit at first I found this site to be overwhelming in the sense that it was information over load for a beginner like myself.

However, I have now taken a few days to start taking in the format, rules and the process I need to follow to learn how to photograph better.

I was going to post up a thread suggesting a step by step guide for people like myself to learn in the correct order. I am guilty for already playing around in manual mode on my camera when I really need to take smaller steps and take in the info better by starting at the beginning.

That's when I stumbled on Kym's AP's new to photography' learning plan!
(Mod edit, factual correction: NTP was Rick's brain child and he wrote most of the initial content, I wrote the LP, many of the appendicies and also moved the content to the Library when we started that; refer credits in http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book others have and do contribute)

So I am now a student. :D

I will start my first photographs this weekend. At the moment I am happy to admit I know nothing about photography but I have always wanted to know more about it.

Hopefully over the next few months as I follow the learning plan you will see a big improvement.

Assuming I am posting this in the right section, I will keep this thread up to date with my progress in case there are others out there going through the same process and are interested in following a true dummy's progress ;)

ice
03-05-2011, 11:58am
Hi DannyG! Welcome to AP :)

First of all- don't feel guilty for playing around in Manual- usually beginners are encouraged to do this and are too frightened :D You're already a step ahead! The learning plan is a great place to start however, and also a lot of fun! Post up some images after the weekend and introduce us to your own personal, albeit very new, style :)

Enjoy the forum!

Imogen

Kym
03-05-2011, 11:59am
Enjoy! Ask if you have any questions

I edited you post ;)

dbax
03-05-2011, 11:59am
welcome aboard DannyG, look forward to watching your progress :D

PH005
03-05-2011, 12:01pm
Sounds like a good plan Danny. Look forward to watching your progress. Dont worry, we are all still learners. :th3:

DannyG
03-05-2011, 12:13pm
Enjoy! Ask if you have any questions

I edited you post ;)

Whoops Thanks Kym, sorry about that error! I only joined a few days ago so along with my photography learning curve I am also learning about this great site.

I must say I am a member of several different forums associated with some of my other interests and besides one other forum I visit regularly this one is moderated exactly how I perceive a forum should be run. I am yet to read any bickering or childish tit for tat threads on here, so well done to everyone concerned.

Kym
03-05-2011, 12:14pm
No drama, just that I like to get the credits correct :th3:

William
03-05-2011, 12:56pm
:) Welcome Danny, I like your attitude , You should pick up the basics very quickly I'm thinking , Looking forward to seeing the results in the Forums- Bill :th3:

macmich
03-05-2011, 1:03pm
welcome danny
you have come to the right place for learning
cheers macca