PDA

View Full Version : Do You Consider Yourself To Be A Photogholic ? Poll.

PH005
03-05-2011, 11:45am
My only hobbies at the moment are, Photography, Photography and Photography.
Would like to hear members thoughts on their hobbies. How often do you partake in your hobby ?

triptych
03-05-2011, 11:52am
Well considering im doing the 365 project, I partake on a daily basis!!!!

Photography is my only hobby at the moment!

Kym
03-05-2011, 12:04pm
Once a week or more, but it fits into our social life.

Darey
03-05-2011, 12:18pm
I am a tournament fisherman (eg: Aust. Freshwater Masters, and ANSA Bass Comps) and a keen golfer but I tend to spend more time on my photography pursuits, so I would choose once or twice a week, I can control my urges.

peterb666
03-05-2011, 12:46pm
Photography is better than sex. :th3:

PH005
03-05-2011, 12:52pm

Ouch ! That goes down as a big Yes. :D

andylo
03-05-2011, 1:29pm
I take my gears out everyday but I only able to take pics every 2nd/3rd days.

I also have a golf bag with me nearly everyday, as a keen golfer.

From Monday-Friday after work, depends on the weather, commitment between myself/missus, it will be either a photo/golf practice night.

But I really should put my time into a 2nd degree or something.... sigh....

ving
03-05-2011, 2:27pm
Photography is better than sex. :th3:I didnt want to be the one to say it but maybe you are doing it wrong... :p

I dont know what it is with polls these days but there seems to be a complete lack of GRAVY
:(

PH005
03-05-2011, 2:34pm
I didnt want to be the one to say it but maybe you are doing it wrong... :p

I dont know what it is with polls these days but there seems to be a complete lack of GRAVY
:(

If Gravy is your hobby Ving, Then go for it. Onion or Mushroom ? :D

ving
03-05-2011, 2:44pm
but, but... you dont understand. every poll requires an element of gravy!!!! it just the way its done! :confused013

PH005
03-05-2011, 2:52pm
but, but..... Gravy can be addictive Ving. That is why I left it out. An addict on a Gravy Bender is not a pretty site. :eek:

andylo
03-05-2011, 2:57pm
Gravy, sex and photography.....

Opps, off the topic completely! :D

ving
03-05-2011, 3:15pm
paul, my friend... for the benefit of myself and the other gravy addicts out there would you mind terribly if I added a gravy option to your poll? :o

this way i can vote.

Rattus79
03-05-2011, 4:15pm
I'm addicted to Blondes, but blondes and photography go sooo well together ...

I @ M
03-05-2011, 4:32pm
Yep, addicted well and truly but not even looking for the slightest bit of therapy to cure it. :D

lay-z
03-05-2011, 4:51pm
I carry a flask of lens cleaning fluid to consol in for when things get dirty.......

ameerat42
03-05-2011, 5:06pm
I don't even know how to pronounce it. Photo-G-holic?
Do they cough?:D

PH005
03-05-2011, 8:27pm
paul, my friend... for the benefit of myself and the other gravy addicts out there would you mind terribly if I added a gravy option to your poll? :o

this way i can vote.

Ving. How can I say no to that sweet nodding head with those come to bed eyes and pink runny nostrils. Go on then, have your Gravy.

PH005
03-05-2011, 8:29pm
I carry a flask of lens cleaning fluid to consol in for when things get dirty.......

You need to get to more meetings Alan. :o

fabian628
03-05-2011, 11:52pm
probably average 4 times a week right now. Last year I was using the camera every day. Still use the camera for several hours a week or be editing or using darkroom at night times :) .

PH005
04-05-2011, 7:23am
I don't even know how to pronounce it. Photo-G-holic?
Do they cough?:D

Pronounced Photog-holic. And yes, but only between "shots". :D

ricktas
04-05-2011, 7:28am
I chose photography doesn't rule me. If I get in the mood, I am just like the next person, but I can go weeks and not pick up the camera, if I am not inspired to do so. Mostly my inspiration comes from within, for me, and I both enjoy having the camera in my hand, or with me, or just as much I like not having it, and thinking like a 'normal' person, rather than assessing everything to fit a nice rectangular shape :D

PH005
04-05-2011, 7:42am
I chose photography doesn't rule me. If I get in the mood, I am just like the next person, but I can go weeks and not pick up the camera, if I am not inspired to do so. Mostly my inspiration comes from within, for me, and I both enjoy having the camera in my hand, or with me, or just as much I like not having it, and thinking like a 'normal' person, rather than assessing everything to fit a nice rectangular shape :D

Interesting that you compare yourself to a " normal " person. A classic case of self denial and dreaming that one day you may break your addiction. I can just see you now, in 8x10, your Gear all around you. Be strong Rick, stand up and just sing it to the world. " I am a PHOTOGHOLIC " . ;)

Tommo1965
04-05-2011, 8:56am
i choose everyday..not due to being a photogholic..but mainly due to having new gear and trying to get used to it.....I often fondle the body while watching TV :D...just so I can get to grips with it when Im shooting for real .

once I get it sussed ..I expect to wilt to once or twice a week..then back off to when needed or wanted.

I find inspiration difficult and relish a job that needs shooting rather than trying to think of something myself

farmer_rob
04-05-2011, 9:28am
Every day - doing the 365 thing, but i like it.

Ionica
04-05-2011, 9:37am
At the moment, daily ( or almost). Varies with the seasons.

Ms Monny
04-05-2011, 9:52am
I think about photography EVERY DAY! If I am not using the camera (which is only once or twice a week), I am reading up on the art of, or the techniques of photography. I do read alot, and (according to my hubby) the computer is my bestest friend. Loads of info to read up on! I a soooo addicted, its not funny! :D

I do love to sew as well, but since obtaining my new camera, the poor sewing machine has got cobwebs allll over it.

PH005
04-05-2011, 10:21am
..I expect to wilt to once or twice a week..then back off to when needed or wanted.

Hmmm, Maybe in the wrong forum. :o

PH005
04-05-2011, 10:24am
I think about photography EVERY DAY! If I am not using the camera (which is only once or twice a week), I am reading up on the art of, or the techniques of photography. I do read alot, and (according to my hubby) the computer is my bestest friend. Loads of info to read up on! I a soooo addicted, its not funny! :D

I do love to sew as well, but since obtaining my new camera, the poor sewing machine has got cobwebs allll over it.

Yes Ms Monny, You definately have the ADDICTION. May you never lose it. :D

jim
04-05-2011, 10:34am

EVERY month!

William
04-05-2011, 11:52am
Usually twice or more a week, Pretty well so long as I have something to play with ( Processing that is) :D

Bennymiata
05-05-2011, 4:21pm

Sex is a bit like the card game, Bridge.
If you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand!! :D

I think you need to meet more of the opposite sex Peter.

I take photos just about every day.
If not for myself, then I take them for work.

Even though I've been taking photos for work for many years, I still enjoy it, but I like taking photos for myself a lot more.

However, I prefer to have sex than take photos.
When my wife is exhausted, out comes the camera!

geoffsta
05-05-2011, 4:23pm
I have put down once or twice a week. But in saying that, there are 8 hobby photographers were I work, so every day is a gas bag on were our next trip will be. Or different styles of photography we want to try next, or which lens can be used for which application.
Plus I visit this site multiple times a day. So photography is never far from the mind.

PH005
05-05-2011, 5:57pm
Sex is a bit like the card game, Bridge.
If you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand!! :D

I think you need to meet more of the opposite sex Peter.

I take photos just about every day.
If not for myself, then I take them for work.

Even though I've been taking photos for work for many years, I still enjoy it, but I like taking photos for myself a lot more.

However, I prefer to have sex than take photos.
When my wife is exhausted, out comes the camera!

:lol::lol::lol:

chamellieon
09-05-2011, 10:37pm
on weekends yes, unfortunately, on weekdays I just don't get the opportunity to get out of the office... plus i no longer find the city that visally exciting.. so yes i can control my urges