PDA

View Full Version : Just given old Fujica gear

ameerat42
02-05-2011, 11:29am
Hi Folks.
It consists of...
Fujica STX-1, 35mm SLR
f=55mm, f/2.2 X-Fujinon lens
f=28mm, f/3.5 EBC X-Fujinon lens (with a "DM" marking)
f=75-205mm, f/3.5-?? Formula S Gold Crown Macro zoom (capable of 1:2.5), with an M42 screw thread and Fuji adapter.

All lenses are quite clean fro their apparent age and I cannot see any fungus in them. And they all work when adjusted by hand.

All very nice, EXCEPT THAT the camera's winding lever will not turn!!! The shutter button, clutch release button, rewind lever and film door opener and timer delay lever all work. There's no on-board battery to check the metering system, but that's nothing.

So, does anybody know about this camera model? I know nobody in the world would want to fix it, and I wouldn't want to pay for it. I have fixed various rangefinders but not an SLR. Just any hints about what might be the problem would be OK.

Thanks, Am.

peterb666
02-05-2011, 12:54pm
You can download the manual for the camera here...

Fujica STX-1 (http://www.butkus.org/chinon/fujica/fujica_stx-1/fujica_stx-1-splash.htm)

Might have some answers in there.

Being M42 lenses, you can use these on many other makes of camera and even with some modern ones via an adapter ($20 on eBay), particularly cameras like the Olympus Pen series where you can have full metering, or the Sony NEX.

ameerat42
02-05-2011, 12:59pm
Thanks Peter. I actually did that from the same site just b4 reading your thread. Am poring thru it now.
Am.
PS via Edit: Yes, the zoom lens is quite a goodie. Just looking thru the camera viewfinder I can't see any appreciable distortion throughout its zoom range. Will have to whack it onto the Minolta to test it out more when I fond the T-mount.