PDA

View Full Version : Surely I'm not the only dirty old man who watched the wedding???

bobt
30-04-2011, 11:30pm
I dunno about the other guys who watched the wedding .... but I was just as impressed with the dress as any of the ladies were. Not the wedding dress, mind you, but the one sprayed on to Pippa Middleton before she walked down the aisle behind the bride.

Now THAT was the best dress I have seen in a very long while !!! :):):D:p

To quote newspaper sources "From the moment she stepped out of the Goring hotel, Miss Middleton drew gasps from the crowd and became an instant hit across the globe. Her name was a trending topic on Twitter, the social networking site, and she earned tens of thousands of mentions on Facebook. One adoring male fan hailed her as “the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen in my life”. “Pippa Middleton looks absolutely stunning! I think I am in love,” said another. "

Ahhhhhhhhh........... when I stop getting whiplash at a dress like that it'll be time to turn myself in at the crematorium. (Sorry girls, I know it's chauvinistic, but one has to enjoy these moments when they come around) :rolleyes:

Ms Monny
01-05-2011, 12:43am
hahahaha! Yes, she certainly did look stunning and, no, it is not chauvinistic when a male can admire a gorgeous creature like Pippa! I was a bit shocked though, as I thought it a bit risque for a royal wedding - happy shock that is! :D

ricstew
01-05-2011, 6:11am
Hahah I hate to disappoint you but there was some serious "underpinning " to that garment. Looked and hung like silk...but lined and underlined and must have weighed a ton.......that zipper didn't buckle once........beautifully made for a very beautiful young woman.

la lumiere
01-05-2011, 1:53pm
So is this where I can say not only blokes oggled........Nothing like a man in uniform and there certainly was a lot of eye candy in uniform! ;) :D

wheellathe
01-05-2011, 2:02pm
What wedding ?

ricktas
01-05-2011, 2:15pm
Surely I'm not the only dirty old man who watched the wedding???

Considering who the responses have been from so far, maybe you were! :D

bobt
01-05-2011, 2:26pm
Considering who the responses have been from so far, maybe you were!

I was beginning to feel quite conspicuous in my plastic raincoat until I read the Official Souveneer Edition of this morning's AGE.

There I discovered that I was not alone, and there is now a Facebook group called "the Pippa Middleton Ass Appreciation Society".

Thank heavens for that ....... I am not alone. :D:th3:

wanderer51
01-05-2011, 5:21pm
Considering who the responses have been from so far, maybe you were! :D
Nah!...not quite Rick.

(Quick furtive glance to make sure my wife isn't looking!)

Most blokes are maybe a bit to PC to comment (especially the younger ones for whom being PC seems to be important!) but I'm not....
While I haven't read any of the papers, and I am not part of Facebook, Twitter or any other social networking site, so I haven't seen any of those comments, I must say that I have to wholeheartedly agree with your original post bobt! ;)

kexkez
01-05-2011, 7:45pm
There were some very entertaining comments/feeds on twitter related to the wedding. from various sources. :) most amusing. Pippa certainly made her mark. entirely as planned I suspect

Mark L
01-05-2011, 8:51pm
What wedding ?
Sounds like we both missed something.
Maybe someone can post a link to that dress.

Ms Monny
01-05-2011, 9:59pm
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-reports/who-is-pippa-middleton/story-fn888sz0-1226047276321

Try this....its about facebook and shows her gorgeous body and dress!!

Bennymiata
02-05-2011, 5:56pm
Hahah I hate to disappoint you but there was some serious "underpinning " to that garment. Looked and hung like silk...but lined and underlined and must have weighed a ton.......that zipper didn't buckle once........beautifully made for a very beautiful young woman.

Haven't you ever heard of elasticised silk?
Hugs the body very nicely, and it was really nice to see it on such a nice young body!
The only little thing that spoiled it for me, were the 3 creases on the front of the dress, but I wasn't looking that hard. :confused013

The trouble is that because it will now start a fashion, we'll see girls with far less than perfect bodies, wearing similar outfits!
Spare tyres anyone?

I @ M
02-05-2011, 6:17pm
The trouble is that because it will now start a fashion, we'll see girls with far less than perfect bodies, wearing similar outfits!
Spare tyres anyone?

I think you need a reality check on that one, it isn't the bodies that aren't "perfect", probably that the ladies seeking to emulate the trend went to a second rate ladies dress, shoe and accessory manufacturer that didn't know his their job.

Kym
02-05-2011, 7:37pm
The Logies last night, which I caught a bit of via news tonight, projects that 'perfect' body image - that is going to help so many kids with self esteem !!
/sarcasm

Mark L
02-05-2011, 9:00pm
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-reports/who-is-pippa-middleton/story-fn888sz0-1226047276321

Try this....its about facebook and shows her gorgeous body and dress!!

Thanks Ms Monny, but base on those photos, I prefer the bride! (And , yes they are also the first images I've seen of the brides dress as well):eek: