PDA

View Full Version : Wills & Kate - Photo opportunities

Kym
30-04-2011, 4:16pm
The poms do know how to put on an event. ;)

I kept thinking about different photo ops that presented.
Besides the couple there were many other items that would be good to take photos of.

One I would have liked to do is be in the carriage with Harry and taken pictures of the waving crowd.

Another would be good close ups of the carriages, they are a work of art.

My paparazzi choice would be people at the party inside the palace.

What picture (maybe a bit different) would you have liked to take if you were at the event?

Note: This thread is limited to photographic ideas and related discussion,
any discussion about the value of the monarchy, republic etc. or other hi-jacking will be deleted and members will get 7 days sin bin (temp ban)

ricstew
01-05-2011, 6:03am
Jeeeeez Kym there is so much to photograph........for me the pipe organs at the cathedral......the spectacle of the horses and carriages......( the one Prince Charles and Camilla rode in was made in Dubbo! ).........details on all those pretty uniforms.....and those shiny shiny cars.....my list could go on and on!
cheers
Jan

I @ M
01-05-2011, 6:21am
I think I would have liked to have done rather "photo journalistic" series of the people that watched the spectacle and the police and security "sanitising" the area of protesters, demonstrators, general rabble that were reported to have been attempting to disrupt the event.

geoffsta
01-05-2011, 7:24am
Would have been a great day for "Candid Photography" All those people dressed up as who knows what.

BecM
01-05-2011, 7:25am
I have seen the carriages up close and they are truly exquisite. If you were given your choice of where to be I would have chosen the party afterwards as well. Bet they didn't put free disposable camera's on the guests tables :)

ricktas
01-05-2011, 7:46am
Jewelry - I reckon some of those pieces on display would be amazing to see and photograph close up.

johnske
01-05-2011, 8:04am
Anyone know anything about the official photographers? I see all cameras were banned in the cathedral (and no doubt everywhere else to do with this event) so I spose this was part of the official photographers contract. My god, you could have charged the royals absolutely nothing for covering all this and still lived in luxury for the rest of your life from what you make selling copies to newspapers and magazines - lucky b******s. :D

James T
03-05-2011, 11:00am
Anyone know anything about the official photographers? I see all cameras were banned in the cathedral (and no doubt everywhere else to do with this event) so I spose this was part of the official photographers contract. My god, you could have charged the royals absolutely nothing for covering all this and still lived in luxury for the rest of your life from what you make selling copies to newspapers and magazines - lucky b******s. :D

I don't think the photographer(s) would have done much more than sign a contract they were given by Clarence House. Dictating terms to the Queen probably wouldn't get you too far. :)

In the chapel it looks like it was just a few agency shooters, who I'd guess were paid their regular wage for doing their job like any other day.

The 'official' photos by Hugo Burnand I'm guessing are at least joint copyright with Clarence House so they control where and how they are shown. Credits seem to be Hugo Burnand/Clarence House as well. (We should probably all email him and tell him how he's devaluing the industry by allowing the client copyright if that's the case ;) ).

EDIT: To answer the original question, just unrestricted access to document the build up and preparations to the day would've done me.

Bennymiata
05-05-2011, 3:42pm
From what I heard, numerous cameras, both still and video, were set up very discretely all around the Abbey and operated by remote control.
That 's why you didnt see any photographers in the Abbey.

James T
05-05-2011, 4:24pm
From what I heard, numerous cameras, both still and video, were set up very discretely all around the Abbey and operated by remote control.
That 's why you didnt see any photographers in the Abbey.

There were certainly photographers in there. They may have shot some by remote as well, but no way would they trust everything to them, far from ideal for much beyond the very wide shots really.

http://blogs.reuters.com/photo/2011/05/01/the-view-from-inside-the-abbey/

JM Tran
05-05-2011, 5:32pm
I would like to capture the moments at the end of the day, when they are exhausted and un-dressing in their room and putting on normal clothes - I would like to represent the more humane and raw side of the royal family - to show that beneath it all, they are normal people like us.