PDA

View Full Version : Unique Oppurtunity - Photography exhibition in Bendigo

dbax
26-04-2011, 9:18pm
I just caught the last few minutes of a story on the 7 30 report on the ABC tonight, apparently one of the current exhibitions is a selection of images from the George Eastman House international Museum of Photography and Film. Some stunning images of American life shown on the box.
From the galleries blurb
"The exhibition includes the work of 35 of America’s most celebrated photographers: Berenice Abbott, Ansel Adams, Diane Arbus, Richard Avedon, Margaret Bourke-White, Harry Callahan, Robert Capa, Alvin Langdon Coburn, Imogen Cunningham, Edward S Curtin, William Eggleston, Walker Evans, Lee Friedlander, Nan Goldin, Lewis Hine, Gertrude Kasebier, Dorothea Lange, Robert Mapplethrope, Mary Mark, Tina Modotti, Laslo Moholy-Nagy, Joan Myers, Barbara Norfleet, John Pfahl, Man Ray, Cindy Sherman, Stephen Shore, Aaron Siskind, W Eugene Smith, Edward Steichen, Alfred Stieglitz, Paul Strand, Weegee, Edward Weston and Gary Winogrand."

There is a fee of $12 entry to view the works but if I lived closer I reckon it would be worth the money .
Link to the galleries info on this exhibition http://www.bendigoartgallery.com.au/Page/Page.asp?Page_Id=268&h=0