PDA

View Full Version : Memory cards

stevemack
25-04-2011, 5:07pm
Is it possible for a memory card to blow your camera ie,just not work anymore
my memory card went through the wash,i put the memory card in the camera and got nine pics before camera frozen up (batterys fully charged)
took batterys out and put them back in and nothing happens.
Put the memory card in the reader on the pc and now i dont even have a drive i.
its non existant sinse putting the memory card in.

steve.

I @ M
25-04-2011, 5:25pm
CF or SD Steve?

I can imagine that a CF card could hold some water in the pin holes and cause a malfunction but you would imagine that an SD card would dry quicker. :confused013

stevemack
25-04-2011, 5:28pm
im leaning towards it blew the Circuitry in the camera batts have been out half hour and just tried again
and nothing and the memory card reader on the pc with the card in is saying it has malfunctioned.

Its a CF card andrew.

accesser
25-04-2011, 6:19pm
I'd also say the CF must have had some excess water in it, When you put it into the camera it possibly shorted something on the camera

On the up site your camera should have no sign of damage so might be fine for a warranty job if required, Have you taken out all the battery's including the one for the time & date ?

stevemack
25-04-2011, 9:38pm
Hi jason all batterys have been taken out even the date and time back up battery and its still dead
i tried the CF card again before in the memory card reader and still didnt work although this time
the CF card was so hot on one side you could barely hold it.
I have no warranty on the camera.

accesser
25-04-2011, 9:57pm
Bummer

JM Tran
25-04-2011, 11:23pm
CF card must still be a bit damp in the pin recesses

I have had a few SD cards go through the washing machine but after drying them its fine on my camera for years to come.