PDA

View Full Version : First Picture Taken With My Nikon D3100

Kelz1990
22-04-2011, 11:42pm
This is just a random photo I took off of a picture hanging on my bedroom wall using my brand new Nikon D3100. I edited the photo slightly using some of the features on the camera.

I would like to know what people think.

I will upload more photos once I get to know all the features on the camera a little more.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h455/Kelly_Linden/20110422_1.jpg

Sutto
23-04-2011, 8:41am
Sorry Kel, I don't think this shot is showing the true ability of the camera.

Any shots from outside etc?

smallfooties
23-04-2011, 1:30pm
Hi Kel, the picture is abit blurry i think... Or is it just the fuzzy fur on those beautiful beautiful creatures???
Do you have a tripod? Or did you use the flash?
It's pretty alright for your first shot anyway! If you hadn't said it was of a poster in your bedroom i would've thought you actually managed to get close to them!
Keep shooting Kel, don't give up! Read your manual thoroughly because it will help heaps in understanding your camera = being able to do alot more with learning photography and being creative!
Sorry if i'm assuming this is your first camera... is it???
In any case, i think the Nikon D3100 is a very capable camera... Anything Nikon is! Kekeke....
Keep shooting!

Kelz1990
23-04-2011, 1:52pm
The picture itself is 3D, but I will be spending most of the long weekend learning my new camera and taking photos with it.

Its my first DSLR. I've always just had a P&S

Matwil
08-06-2011, 2:31pm
The only way you will improve is to shoot as many pictures you can and then sit back and look how you could have done it differently. This photo is a great start, but look at your subject and try to find another angle to see what difference it makes. If you like the photo then it is a good shot.

Kelz1990
12-06-2011, 11:42am
Thanks for that Matwil :)