PDA

View Full Version : Canon 1D MK1V

Captured frame
22-04-2011, 8:48pm
Considering buying a 1D MKIV , I was wondering if anyone has had much experience with this model,already have a 5DII and 1D MKIIN(would trade this or sell it) love the MKIIN but I am enticed by the higher frame rate ,low light possibilities ,the improved focus abilities and the dual Digic 4 processors. Mainly use the MKIIN for sport and wildlife but like the idea of using the MKIV along with the 5DII for indoor work(functions) and portraits. So any comments from owners or people who have used it would be appreciated.

JM Tran
22-04-2011, 10:09pm
from my experience using it for work - its Canon's best low light ISO camera atm, even if its an APS-H sensor:) Pretty much as everything a 1D body has - ie. fast everything, sealed everything, rugged everything, unlimited customized functions everything etc. Its quite a step up from the IIN model - very big leap in fact in terms of IQ too, oh and much longer battery life.

Steadyhands
23-04-2011, 8:48am
I use 1DIV and would now find it hard to swap back. The 1DIV replaced a 1DIII which replaced a 40D. To say the 1DIII was a jump up from the 40D is an understatement. The 1DIV was a smaller step up but still well worth it.

Mine gets used for everything, from Macro, to Landscape to Portraiture. I love the abilty to save my customised settings to a card and then reload these, it's like have different cameras for different genre.

mrDooba
23-04-2011, 11:17am
It is bloody awesome!!!! I love my baby:D

I shoot birds with mine and with all the crappy weather we'd(Brisbane) been having I'd been shooting at 1600 quite a bit. I'm totally happy to shoot at ISO 1600 and the results are outstanding. The AF when using the 300/2.8 and 600/4 is very fast and very accurate.

Also use mine in the rain without any problems.

selaw
23-04-2011, 11:20am
Don't have the 1DmkIV, never had the 1DmkIIn but I do have the 1DmkIII. 10fps & a squillion functions, strength, weather sealing etc.etc. Only DSLR I have so gotta love it :). I'd say if your in the market to buy one, go for it. Everything the mkII has plus more including 16mp sensor :th3:

Captured frame
23-04-2011, 7:14pm
Thanks guys, I have to admit to being pretty much sold on it,it was either the 1DIV or the 1DsIII but cant see enough in the 1DsIII over my 5DII ,so I think it might be time to say good bye to my beloved mkIIN . Now it is time to count the pennies as they have come down a fair bit in price.

selaw
23-04-2011, 7:50pm
Thanks guys, I have to admit to being pretty much sold on it,it was either the 1DIV or the 1DsIII but cant see enough in the 1DsIII over my 5DII ,so I think it might be time to say good bye to my beloved mkIIN . Now it is time to count the pennies as they have come down a fair bit in price.

:th3: Looking forward to seeing some of the results Mike :)

Captured frame
24-04-2011, 7:00pm
The pennies were there to make the purchase,but then I came home to find a burst water pipe at the house, so will have to defer the purchase for a month or two,still I have made the desision to buy one. Thanks again for the comments guys.

Colinc1
24-04-2011, 8:08pm
bummer

I hate it when that sort of thing happens

selaw
24-04-2011, 8:51pm
The pennies were there to make the purchase,but then I came home to find a burst water pipe at the house, so will have to defer the purchase for a month or two,still I have made the desision to buy one. Thanks again for the comments guys.

Ouch!! Always the way.