PDA

View Full Version : Is this a reasonable price for a class?

salnel
21-04-2011, 9:24pm
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone has participated in any workshops...I have the chance to do a macro workshop and the cost is $185. It says it is for 5 hours with a max class size of 8. It seems to cover a lot of topics such as equipment, exposure, lighting etc with demos and hands on pracs.
As I have never attended anything like this, I just wondered if this sounded good value?
Thanks.

ricktas
21-04-2011, 10:05pm
It is only good value if you learn from it! You could pay $50.00 or $5000.00 and both could be good value if you get the knowledge from them that makes it so.

peterb666
21-04-2011, 11:51pm
As Rick says.

Photo courses tend to be in the range of $10 to $60 + an hour so $185 is smack in the middle.

fillum
22-04-2011, 12:07am
Sally I did a night shoot workshop in Sydney about 6 months ago. From memory cost was around $100 for 3 hours with 10 or 12 participants, so rates for the macro workshop are similar. But as Rick points out it's only good value if you get something out of it. I had a quick look at your macro posts and it looks to me like you are doing ok already.

Cheers.

salnel
22-04-2011, 1:54pm
Thanks for that, Phil..So far I am self taught from here, books, and the net and I seem to be working it out (slowly:)). I was thinking along the lines of what Rick said..if I don't get much out of it, it will be an expensive day. I guess I am comparing it to a beginners camera course I have just finished thro my camera club..it was $150 and went for 8 weeks! (and I got lots out of that!). Thanks for the advice...might think about it some more:)