PDA

View Full Version : Um, help ? Request for photo license.........

AmPhot
18-04-2011, 4:54pm
Ok here's something I never thought I'd actually have to ask help on, but I've just received this email in regards to photos I took of the Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art during the Vivid festival in 2009 (example here http://www.flickr.com/photos/crouchy69/3631508203/) :

"Hi Glenn,

I was wondering if we could obtain a license to use your images of the
Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art? The use is commercial, but pretty small:
we're putting together a proposal to build the new website for the museum,
and your photos really capture the museum as a living canvas.

We'd like to use your 6 photos once each in our written proposal and a
powerpoint presentation. The photos will be sent to and seen by the
marketing team and executive board at the museum.

What would your proposed terms be for this use? I'd really appreciate a
quick response, as the proposal has to be submitted on Wednesday."

So, off the top of my head I'm guessing I need to be asking for terms of use, copyright etc ? I know people get annoyed with the constant stream of these questions but I clearly have no idea ! The way I read this is that they want to use my shots in a presentation that will be used for them to get a commercial contract with the MCA. Anyone have experience with this ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn.

ricktas
18-04-2011, 7:25pm
You can give them a LIMITED use contract, where it states they have the right to use the photos for the presentation ONLY, and limited to presentation to the marketing team and executive board of the Museum. Any further use of the presentation, or use of the photos other than for the presentation and proposal for building the website for the museum is prohibited and will require further contractual negotiations, prior to this further use.

Or similar

AmPhot
18-04-2011, 7:28pm
That's the sort of thing I was after Rick, many thanks for the response.

Darey
18-04-2011, 8:55pm
I was going to be cheeky and mention a certain authority that may be watching but I won't name them. :o
Well done for having your shot chosen and good luck. :th3:

AmPhot
28-04-2011, 6:25pm
All good, basically stipulated what Rick said and scored a $150 iTunes voucher as payment. Pretty happy with that. :)

peterb666
01-05-2011, 6:15pm
Excellent photos Glenn and congratulations.

I @ M
01-05-2011, 6:55pm
Missed this one at the time, well done with both the photos and the resultant sale. :th3: