PDA

View Full Version : Any good books for Elements and LR??

Ms Monny
16-04-2011, 10:06pm
Hi all

I read the Book Review section (and took down quite a few notes :th3:) but I didn't see anything in regards to Elements or LR.

I bought the dummies books for both and I am NOT impressed at all. :(

Can anyone give me a name and author of any great books that will help me understand these (not so much LR as I think I have nailed that).

cheers
MM

geoffsta
17-04-2011, 7:20am
Hello again Ms Monny.
Have a look at bookdepository.com and type want you want in the search. I got the Photoshop CS5 Essential Skills book, and it's great.
It has a DVD with movie tutorials in it that are fantastic. I'd watch the video for a minute or so while having CS5 open, and doing what the video does there and then.
The only problem is finding the time (for me anyway) to sit and practice.

ricktas
17-04-2011, 9:12am
Anything by Scott Kelby is suggested reading from me.

Danielle10
17-04-2011, 9:29am
The LR book by Scott kelby is a fabulous read. I got my copy of eBay for cheap and it's the best book I have read. I learnt alot

Sarge
17-04-2011, 1:59pm
Highly recommend "the missing manual" by Barbara Brundage. I have the Elements 8 version for Windows, it is a great book and hasn't failed me yet. Has over 600 pages! The layout of the book is brilliant - easy to find what your looking for, it is very easy to understand and it also gives you visual examples.

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596803476/

salnel
17-04-2011, 2:00pm
Scott Kelby's LR book is excellent...easy to read, easy to understand and he writes in plain English..He covers everything from the basics to more complicated techniques. I just have the book beside me when I am trying something and I am a real beginner when it comes to PP. I even did a montage for the first time and it took me about 5 minutes to do:) I have just discovered the print section and it is brilliant but with out his book I wouldn't have had a clue!!
If you are interested in my first attempt at this, I can upload it for you to see.