PDA

View Full Version : New Tripod Suggestions Appreciated Please

selaw
16-04-2011, 1:14pm
Probably been belted a thousand times over but I am looking at my first decent tripod and am still as confused as ever after researching here and elsewhere on the net.

In a nut shell I am looking at something to accommodate my height (6') and potential overall load (if I ever get all of my wishlist) of 1D body + 500mm lens. At times I may have a flash on board.

I see this as the future maximum so am setting up the basics for that even if never achieved. Budget will be around the $350 mark. I was considering the Vanguard aluminiums (don't necessarily need carbon fibre unless there are other reasons to buy other than weight advantage). Then there's the Manfrotto 055XPROB + 808RC4 head (but nearly $600rrp). Compactness is not a real requirement for me either (although I would like to be able to attach it to a backpack). I am not too concerned about carrying a lot of weight, more the solid build and flexibility (to get those close to the ground shots).

I have put a lot in here though hopefully not being too unreasonable.

PH005
16-04-2011, 1:22pm
I just purchased , and highly recommend the Vanguard Alto Pro 263. Check it out on Goggle. IMHO every bit as good as the more expensive manfrotto. You wont be dissapointed.

ps. Check out my pic of it in " Whoooo I just got new gear " thread.

Kym
16-04-2011, 1:28pm
The Library has a new article... Tripods and other supports :th3:

selaw
22-04-2011, 12:33pm
I just purchased , and highly recommend the Vanguard Alto Pro 263. Check it out on Goggle. IMHO every bit as good as the more expensive manfrotto. You wont be dissapointed.

ps. Check out my pic of it in " Whoooo I just got new gear " thread.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy it from? I am seriously considering one with the SBH 250 Ball Head.