PDA

View Full Version : Thailand

antongorlin
15-04-2011, 11:24am
hello forum dwellers!
I'm planning to visit Thai in August.
I haven't been there before.
Advises required :)
I don't really trust common travellers impressions :)
Of course I can find some info re tours etc, but I'm interested in photographer's advises :)
Like what are the best places to go shooting, most spectacular and so on.
any info appreciated

old dog
15-04-2011, 11:54am
hi Anton. Been there a few times and love the place. Phi Phi island is great, get there from Patong, Phuket on a ferry though. No cars, food and drink and accom cheap. Bridge on the Keai river is a good day out. The old capital city Ayuthaya (sp?) about one hour north of Bangkok. We went up into the golden triangle last time....elephant rides etc, Chang mai and Chang Rai are lovely places too. In Bangkok, a river ferry ride is good tog food, get off at the Temple of the moon, the Royal palace, big golden reclining buddah, etc. I`m sure others will add to this list. You will have a good time for sure.

rellik666
15-04-2011, 12:02pm
Thailand is great for photos....all the temples are amazing....if someone tells you something is closed ignore them...they will tell you its a bhuddist day or some other special event so they can show you round! (for a proce of course!) Also beware the helpful Tuk Tuk driver......Taxis are great and cheap. Try to be prepared that when coming out of air con hotels your gear will steam up! So you can't shoot immediately. Thailand is still a developing country, you won't realise this until you get out of Bangkok, but plenty of photo ops!

Krabi is lovely but avoid patong unless you like busy and cheap and nasty!

Roo

JM Tran
15-04-2011, 1:02pm
having extensively traveled Thailand and its islands, Ive done some fashion shoots there as well as travel photography etc - will reply when I get home tonight, and tell you the hidden gems and off the beaten track places - instead of staying or visiting tourist dumps like Patong in Phuket hehe

key word for anything outside of Bangkok is to hire a car and drive yourself, but we'll discus that later:)