PDA

View Full Version : sitting at home waiting for the police

macmich
12-04-2011, 11:31am
i thought for this weeks 52 shot i would do it of a few of the old and diffrent styled houses around the city area of bendigo
two ladies were outside the last house i was goinng to take because the rain was coming
i asked them if they minded if i took a photo of there house
one of them came right up to me and said no
i said you no i could come by latter and do it
she said who are you i said i am just taking photos of historical bendigo houses
she said i anm a police officer show me some id
i returned with show me some id
she refused i i said to her if you were a police officer you no i can take photos from public land
they went inside and i pointed the camera at the house and didnt shoot it
she come running out after my car getting the rego
i hope my day gets better
cheers macca

jjphoto
12-04-2011, 11:41am
I think the Police frown upon people purporting to be Police!

JJ

Flesh
12-04-2011, 11:41am
These things happen. Don't worry too much. If you do get a visit for "Mr Plod" then just explain and be nice. You should post some of the houses that you shot before the altercation. :th3:

Wayne
12-04-2011, 11:49am
I can tell you as member with 10 yrs experience, that based on what you said and if the informant told the truth, police won't even bother. They will explain to the informant that no crime has been committed, therefore no role for police to play, and to call back at the time if the POI returns.

As for your resident purporting to be a member of the service, police would certainly take a dim view if it were not true, and the fact when challenged your resident failed to provide requisite ID is a good indication of such.

41jas
12-04-2011, 12:02pm
Here you are using your manners in asking and they do that to you. Next time just take a snap. :)

tanz
12-04-2011, 12:04pm
Oh Macca, what a horrible experience, even though you weren't doing anything wrong, I imagine it has left a bad taste in your mouth. It sounds like she is just a busybody who needs to mind her own business, try to put it out of your mind and enjoy the rest of your day :)

macmich
12-04-2011, 12:15pm
they have not rolled up yet
i contacted the police and they told me no action would be taken
i told them she claimed to be a police officer but he didnt want to no about it
cheers macca

BecM
12-04-2011, 2:11pm
When somebody claims to be a police officer always ask for ID, I'm sorry this happened to you.

colinbm
12-04-2011, 3:24pm
Should have told the old bag "Show me yours & I'll show you mine .........." :lol:
Col

macmich
12-04-2011, 3:35pm
col
believe me you would not want to
cheers macca

Ms Monny
12-04-2011, 3:35pm
WOW! My heart would have been in my mouth if that happened to me!! Some people are amazing, aren't they??

virgal_tracy
12-04-2011, 4:03pm
i asked them if they minded if i took a photo of there house
one of them came right up to me and said no
i said you no i could come by latter and do it

I'm sorry Macca but you asked for permission, received a no and then basically said that you'll do it anyway regardless of what she says. What happened next was wrong on many counts but I don't think that you did yourself any favours.
Just my $0.02 worth

macmich
12-04-2011, 4:31pm
vince
i just stated to her i could come back later and do it
i only asked to be courtesous
i told her i can take photos of anyones house from publi land
cheers macca
it was also her attitude of coming right up into my face

Xenedis
12-04-2011, 5:01pm
I wouldn't bother attempting to justify myself to people who are owed no justification, when I am engaging in an activity that is perfectly legal.

It's best to simply take your pictures and continue about your business.

peterb666
12-04-2011, 5:14pm
I think the Police frown upon people purporting to be Police!

JJ

I think a little more than frown; I think there may even be a law or two against it.

If you were in a public place, you can take a photo of the house. Asking permission is a courtesy but if someone says "no" after being asked, it would also be a courtesy to follow through and not take the photo.

Danielle10
13-04-2011, 1:50pm
Should have told the old bag "Show me yours & I'll show you mine .........." :lol:
Col

Hahahaha, trust you col to say that!!

Poor macca, how scarey, hope your day got better

arthurking83
13-04-2011, 9:17pm
..... Asking permission is a courtesy but if someone says "no" after being asked, it would also be a courtesy to follow through and not take the photo.

This is what I do, and have done.

Similar thing happened to me(not to far away too.. just north of Chewton) bloke came up to me taking photos of his large farm yard(mostly of the old banger truck in the falling down shed), so anyway he had his 'happy hat' on and began his verbal abuse tirade and then accused me (and me mates! :confused:) of stealing his nicnaks and so forth!!(Of course I'm thinking to myself ... WHAT!?!?! :confused013)
He very assertively explained that he didn't appreciate people taking photos of his property, so I bid him a farewall and apology and asked if he wanted me to delete any images I'd already taken(expecting him not to really care). He asked that I did, so I did.. formatted the card and drove to a BETTER location(but no run down old banger trucks in sheds tho :().

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

bricat
18-04-2011, 6:51am
The problem with deleting photo's and bowing down to these idiots is that they then gain confidence and think they are right. They need to be put in their place right from the word go. If you are not breaking the law tell them to rack off and mind their own business. And I take it that you were out on the road taking the said shots so there is nothing they can do. As a point I would get 10 mates and go and take some more photo's if it were convenient. And the next day and the next day etc. You must fight fire with fire and stand up for what you are allowed to do. Except of course if you were under physical threat then that is a matter for the police. It is these types of loud mouths that make the most noise and people listen. Please stand up for your rights without aggression but firmly and stedfast. Just my opinion cheers Brian

jim
18-04-2011, 7:50am
The problem with deleting photo's and bowing down to these idiots is that they then gain confidence and think they are right. They need to be put in their place right from the word go. If you are not breaking the law tell them to rack off and mind their own business. And I take it that you were out on the road taking the said shots so there is nothing they can do. As a point I would get 10 mates and go and take some more photo's if it were convenient. And the next day and the next day etc. You must fight fire with fire and stand up for what you are allowed to do. Except of course if you were under physical threat then that is a matter for the police. It is these types of loud mouths that make the most noise and people listen. Please stand up for your rights without aggression but firmly and stedfast. Just my opinion cheers Brian

Sounds like harrassment.