PDA

View Full Version : Regular group gatherings SEQ

rcp8
11-04-2011, 4:59pm
I'm in Toowoomba and was wondering if any groups from on here meet regularly (say monthly) for shoots, or does everyone go their own way and do their own thing?

Dwarak
11-04-2011, 5:21pm
I don't think there is any thing on as a regular event as far as I am aware on AP think we post as an when we feel or get time to shoot and if anyone wants to join they can. I wish there were something more regular.

ricktas
11-04-2011, 6:22pm
Agree with Dwarak. There have been several meets in the SEQ area since you joined nearly 12 months ago. It is just a matter of staying active on the site and checking them out and putting your hand up to attend.

Dwarak
11-04-2011, 8:44pm
I will be posting something soon a meet at lake Moogerah I know it's not far from your place I wan to do some timescapes there it will not be until next month though I have done some startrails here and its a lovely location.

41jas
12-04-2011, 9:34am
We have had and will do more visits to Toowoomba but we are willing to travel there. Are you willing to travel here?
We have meetups (A LOT). Keep your eye out for them.

Keith
12-04-2011, 4:06pm
As mentioned there are meetups around the SEQ area, but if you ever feel the need to get out with a small group then post an idea and location and there will a few from around our area that will join you. There are heaps of photographers in Toowoomba and the Downs too of all experience and skill levels which makes it interesting.

[ kane ]
12-04-2011, 4:53pm
I am also planning another large scale meet.... info will be posted on my FB when orgainsed .... and then posted here ;P

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kane-Gledhill-Photography/139956532730187

Thanks
Kane

Ian
12-04-2011, 8:21pm
rcp8, if you have an idea for a meet-up, put it up, as i am only an hour away. here is couple of ideas Japanese Gardens, Picnic Point. of course there is The Bunya Mtns, Crows Nest area. these are just ideas. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

Allan Ryan
12-04-2011, 10:06pm
hi rcp8
as mentioned already - there are meets posted here for all different ideas and locations
just have a read thought the entrys and / or post a new idea/ location to suit you :)

if you are interested there is a Toowoomba Photographic Society that meets Tuesdays and Friday night in Toowoomba.
www.tpsinc.org.au/
they mainly talk photos i think not actual meet to take photos

Paul G
12-04-2011, 11:43pm
Gday rcp8. I'm another in Toowoomba. I've been to a couple of the SEQ meetups and they are great (it's the people that makes them great) - well worth making the effort to attend. I do plenty of my own stuff around the region also. Just keep an eye on the newspaper, local events etc. There's shooting opportunities pretty much every weekend depending on what lights your fire!

Analog6
13-04-2011, 10:17am
If you are on Flickr there is a Toowoomba group on there too, just search for it.

GlennSan
15-04-2011, 7:14pm
One of the things I really enjoyed when I lived in SEQ were the meetups. Watch this QLD sub-forum and you'll see plenty.