PDA

View Full Version : Something has happened to the name of the pictures I am getting on my SD card.

Mr Felix
10-04-2011, 8:06pm
I know I have covered this before, the other post was about getting/setting a numbering system on each card.

Anyway, this is a new puzzel.

Now, when I take pictures, same card: Instead of getting IMGxxx.CR2/JPG, I am getting _MGxxx files.

There are IMG files and now when I take pictures, they are _MG

I'm confused. Yeah, status quo for me.

ricktas
10-04-2011, 8:09pm
It is default setting in Canon software for image transfer from CF card to a computer.

IMG is for jpg and _MG for CR2 files.

So my guess is you have changed from taking JPG to taking RAW photos. The other thing that can change this is colourspace. Did you change from sRGB to AdobeRGB, in your camera settings?

Mr Felix
10-04-2011, 8:12pm
Ok, thanks.

I had the camera set to JPG highest res. Recently I changed it to RAW + JPG.

I'm probably still not taking good images though. :(

Oh well.

But thanks for explaining that Rick.

I @ M
10-04-2011, 8:22pm
I'm probably still not taking good images though. :(

Quite clearly, it is possessed, dipping it in holy water and singing incantations to it in strange languages under a statue of ( insert favourite deity here ) are your only hopes of reaching photographic nirvana with that camera.

soulman
11-04-2011, 1:17pm
It's the colour space - sRGB files start with "IMG", Adobe RGB files are "_MG". Unless you have a good grip on your colour space workflow and can guarantee Adobe RGB all the way through - which you can really only do if print is your final product - then you are better off to use sRGB.