PDA

View Full Version : Breenhold Gardens (Mt Wilson) - Saturday 16th April

AmPhot
10-04-2011, 4:44pm
I plan on visiting this spot next weekend (Saturday 16th April) to hopefully do some serious macro work and maybe capture some autumn colours.

I intend on getting there at 10 AM when it opens and spending an hour or so walking and shooting the gardens. Feel free to come along. $7.50 per adult admission.

NikonNellie
11-04-2011, 12:13am
Not sure if you will get much Autumn colour Glenn - hubby was up in the mountains a couple of weeks back and it was still very green.
Shame this wasn't on another weekend and I would have accompanied you but we have the Sunset/portrait shoot on the Sunday - hubby would have a fit if I left him alone for both days on the weekend. He needs me for his amusement! :D
I had planned on a macro/Autumn shoot early in May which is the same time that we went to Mt Tomah last year. I think you will get better colours then.

peterb666
11-04-2011, 10:47am
I am down on the far South Coast and came through Batlow, Tumbarumba and Cooma last week and there isn't much in the way of Autumn colours at all. Very dissapointing.

AmPhot
11-04-2011, 2:56pm
Ah well, I'll be up there anyway so consider this a recon mission, I'll compare it to Mt Tomah gardens and report back next week. ;)

antongorlin
11-04-2011, 4:11pm
I've been in one of the gardens last year. it was awesomely red, yellow, crimson and orange :)
but I still think it's a bit early. I believe it'll be fine in 2-4 weeks