PDA

View Full Version : Software Organizer Categories Keywords

Lesley Bray
10-04-2011, 12:16pm
Currently I use Adobe Bridge that came with my Photoshop 3 Extended. The more photos I acquire the more frustrating Bridge gets. I love organization and keywording, and everything tidy and easy to find. I find the Bridge search option doesn't always find photos when it should. Sometimes my keywords disappear. What is the best software out there - I need something that works for tens of thousands of photos.
All advice appreciated.
Lesley

farmer_rob
10-04-2011, 1:48pm
I use Photoshop Elements - the organiser section gives solid tagging and grouping capabilities, allowing multiple tags and tag sets for pictures. As long as I tag the photos (self discipline), everything is easy to find (I have some 14,000 photos in the catalog at present.) (It is also easy to find untagged photos, and photos by date.) You can set up an external editor (rather than uses the Elements Editor) so you can use CS3. (The catalog helps you to keep editted and original photos together as a photostack.) The photo loader (loading from camera to disk) is straightforward.

I find it pretty solid (so far :))

Lesley Bray
10-04-2011, 10:31pm
Thanks for your comments Rob, I will take a look at Elements and see what they offer.
Lesley

fillum
10-04-2011, 11:08pm
Maybe check out Photo Mechanic (http://www.camerabits.com/site/PhotoMechanic.php). Available as a trial download and I think US$60 at the moment. (Haven't used it myself so can't offer any comments).

Cheers.