PDA

View Full Version : Want to see some Pro level photographic judging?

ricktas
10-04-2011, 6:15am
The queensland professional photographers (QPPA) awards are being judged this weekend, and for the first time ever, the judging is being steamed over the net. This is world first!

So here is the link: http://www.qld.aippblog.com/?p=1523

You will need adobe flash player, or if on an iPhone/iPad you will need to download the AIPP App.

Will be very interested to hear what members think as today progresses and you have watched the judging live.

ricktas
10-04-2011, 8:00am
Have found out that audio might not be working..,bugger

ricktas
10-04-2011, 9:15am
It has audio, but is very hard to actually hear anything, sadly.

arthurking83
10-04-2011, 11:10am
I just clicked the link, and audio is working, a bit buzzy(like interference) but working and loud.

Maybe your flash player version? .. net connection speed?

ricktas
10-04-2011, 3:01pm
I had lots of the buzzy this morning when I was watching for 45 mins or so. Sound is much better now. It is very interesting listening to the judges discuss an entry when the score is debated. Certainly is worthwhile to watch for a time to get a feel for how award winning photographs are chosen and how they critique them at times too.

jasnat
10-04-2011, 3:12pm
Very interesting thanks for the link Rick. I have never seen how judging on this level is carried out or for any level for that matter. It is obvious that what I like the judges are going to disagree with :D