PDA

View Full Version : Indian Time Machine.

Ern
08-04-2011, 2:23am
I was testing out my recently acquired Indian 10x12 with some Ilford multi-grade. in the process I discovered that the plate holder leaked badly, the bellows had parted from the rear upright and to top it all off I forgot to close the shutter :eek: I put the plate holder in and pulled the dark slide out.

The result was an extremely overexposed, shaky, fogged paper negative that I developed by throwing at the developer and whipping it out again as soon as it was wet, to try and retrieve some kind of image, so I should add "under-developed and streaky" to the above list.

Once I had picked up a bit of dust while scanning it (no time to start getting precious now) I ended up with this image. Which, in my perversity, I kind of like.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_mtT9g--IvAc/TZ3cVTxALeI/AAAAAAAAAik/iZptolzOZas/s1440/geilston1a.jpg

There is something in the (lack of) quality in the image that, for me, reflects the period the camera came from.

Retro Lomo maybe?

That hasn't stopped me from rebuilding the plate-holder and re-gluing the bellows though so I'll have to rely on some other kind of disaster for my next image.:rolleyes:

StanW
08-04-2011, 7:34am
Congratulations. For that fierst attempt, it's pretty good. I'll look forward to the next.

OzzieTraveller
08-04-2011, 7:37am
G'day Ern

That is really great - "leave the camera broken !!!!!!!!!"
You have at your fingertips the means of recreating those olde-worlde images from a bygone era tho in modern times ... go for it

Regards, Phil

andrewc999
08-04-2011, 8:35am
Ern, I'm with you, very retro lomo; a great look. I look forward to more. Thanks. Andrew.

StanW
09-04-2011, 7:56am
Please keep us up to date with your progress.

vanngirl
09-04-2011, 6:00pm
I think it's amazing you got so much. V retro lomo indeed!

Beckmarc
11-04-2011, 9:26pm
great shot. I love the 19thC feel to the photograph. I would be keen to see more

selaw
13-04-2011, 10:10am
I'm a sucker for anything old or retro related and this is an amazing product of a comedy of errors...Can't wait to see some more :)

AndreaB
13-04-2011, 11:52am
That is very neat. I think it looks great.

Ern
24-04-2011, 1:52pm
Thanks for all the comments every one, I hope to have some more results from the old beast soon.

Cheers,

Tim

(Ern)