PDA

View Full Version : Currumbin rocks - 17th April

dbose
07-04-2011, 9:23pm
Thinking of heading to Currumbin either Currumbin Rocks or somewhere in that area for a Sunrise shot on the 17th of April. I know it's a common place but I haven't been that way for a long long time and really feel the urge to get up early for a Sunrise.

Anyone care to join me?

Bill I know this is an everyday spot for you so if you have a free moment would love to catch up with you. Also can you please suggest a spot that'd be a bit different from the regular rocks but nice for Sunrises in that area?

Would love to compare my shots at this place a year back and now...:):)

dbax
07-04-2011, 9:30pm
mmm maybe, though I never feel the urge to get up for sunrise, I usually work afternoon shift which can finish as late as midnight.... YAWN......... :D

Dwarak
08-04-2011, 12:48pm
I would have loved to come but I am off to Malaysia on the 16th

William
08-04-2011, 3:59pm
Got he Thread DJ, Just not going to commit yet, !! More than likely it will be a OK , I have the life of a Social Butterfly :D :)

dbose
08-04-2011, 5:04pm
No owriies mate - would love to meet you. It would be great if you can let me know some of the spots to go. I am not sure where I am going - so any help would be great. DO I park somewhere in Pacific road?

dbose
08-04-2011, 9:21pm
Thanks to David (Dbax) we'll meet here...

ksolomon
08-04-2011, 9:24pm
Thinking of heading to Currumbin either Currumbin Rocks or somewhere in that area for a Sunrise shot on the 17th of April. I know it's a common place but I haven't been that way for a long long time and really feel the urge to get up early for a Sunrise.

Anyone care to join me?

Bill I know this is an everyday spot for you so if you have a free moment would love to catch up with you. Also can you please suggest a spot that'd be a bit different from the regular rocks but nice for Sunrises in that area?

Would love to compare my shots at this place a year back and now...:):)

Hi DJ,
Would love to join you for Sunrise on the 17th. Please keep me posted. :)
Kassy

Derek-C
09-04-2011, 7:31am
My wife "Alma with Evil" and I will be up that way then so will see if we can get up early for this.

Derek

Derek-C
09-04-2011, 8:36am
And I have checked what I am doing and Saturday is out.

Bugger !

Derek

kadon
09-04-2011, 4:15pm
DJ
Would like to join you. So will check back later to see if any more details get posted.... Do you mean to just meet at the carpark at the rock or where A is marked on map as that's a long way from the beach??

Dave might join me & perhaps Deb who's just joined the group.

Not sure how much sleep I'm going to get as my son is having party that night & then if I have to wake & drive down from Brissy.... there might not be alot of zzzzz's happening with the music.... lol

Kerri

dbax
09-04-2011, 5:07pm
DJ
Would like to join you. So will check back later to see if any more details get posted.... Do you mean to just meet at the carpark at the rock or where A is marked on map as that's a long way from the beach??

Kerri

Kerri the "A" on the map is just Currumbin marker on the map, the car park is across the road from Currumbin Rock on Pacific Parade :D:D

Debom
09-04-2011, 6:37pm
I would also love to come along and say hello...what time do we meet and what time is sunrise?

cheers

Deb

William
09-04-2011, 6:59pm
Sunrise today was 6.00am , You need to be there at 5.00am, A little chat , Then into it, Most of the good colours will happen from 5.30 till just on Sunrise , Maybe get 5 mins after the Sun has risen :)

larrywen
10-04-2011, 10:14am
DJ.
Thanks for this meeting. I'd like to join in. Well, get up at 4am is a little bit challenge:lol:

dbose
10-04-2011, 10:18am
And I have checked what I am doing and Saturday is out.

Bugger !

Derek

Derek - it's Sunday Morning...

dbose
10-04-2011, 10:21am
Kerri the "A" on the map is just Currumbin marker on the map, the car park is across the road from Currumbin Rock on Pacific Parade :D:D

Thanks mate - me and drections don't seem to match. Yes we will meet at 'Currumbin Rocks' and not the car park :p:p

dbose
10-04-2011, 10:28am
OK based on the latest info. sunrise on the 17th is at 6:04AM and first light at 5:40. I plan to be there by 5AM as Bill suggested. We will meet along Pacific Parade as close to the crossing of Pacific Parade and Duringan Street (Bill do you think that's ok?). I have another map (thank to David Dbax) which I am attaching here as well. It shows the meeting point.

dbose
10-04-2011, 10:31am
DJ.
Thanks for this meeting. I'd like to join in. Well, get up at 4am is a little bit challenge:lol:

Surise is always early. I've been getting up at 1:30, drive for 2 hours to catch the Sun at 4/4:30 during the summer months.:):)

William
10-04-2011, 10:51am
DJ, Just meet at "The meeting Place" As shown on map , It's only 150mtrs to the Rock from there , Easy :th3:

41jas
10-04-2011, 2:35pm
I can't that morning. I have a photoshoot on early that morning. I would have loved to come down. Maybe sometime after Easter I will get another one sorted and get down that way.

Analog6
10-04-2011, 6:40pm
I will come if I can get some shoes on. I get the stitches out of my toe on Friday so I'll see how it goes. It feels pretty good at the moment so I am hopeful. Are we going to do BBQ breakfast like we did last time?

Derek-C
10-04-2011, 8:18pm
I will have to look at the callender a bit better wont I.

Sunday I would say we will be there :D

Derek

dbose
10-04-2011, 9:08pm
I can't that morning. I have a photoshoot on early that morning. I would have loved to come down. Maybe sometime after Easter I will get another one sorted and get down that way.

I'd love to come of you orgaise another one - hopefully at a different location.

in2fx
11-04-2011, 4:01pm
I'm keen :)

Never tried sunrise around a beach before :o

larrywen
11-04-2011, 4:38pm
Surise is always early. I've been getting up at 1:30, drive for 2 hours to catch the Sun at 4/4:30 during the summer months.:):)

Thank you DJ, that's very encouraging. I will come.

Boofhead
11-04-2011, 6:00pm
I'm thinking I might have a chance to get to this one, fingers crossed! :)

William
11-04-2011, 6:50pm
I'm thinking I might have a chance to get to this one, fingers crossed! :)

You'll be there Andrew, If I'm going , Your going :D :th3:

Billnick
12-04-2011, 7:14am
I'm a definite probable at this point in time. I can be more sure later in the week.

Bill N

davearnold
12-04-2011, 12:45pm
I am a definate probable too.

Boofhead
12-04-2011, 1:39pm
You'll be there Andrew, If I'm going , Your going :D :th3:

LOL, yep, we will be there! :)

David
13-04-2011, 10:29pm
Damn, love Currumbin in the morning. Would love to come out of the woodwork for this one guys but my shoulder is still stuffed and I am not allowed to drive or carry stuff like tripods or camera bags ....going stir crazxy stuck at home weekend after weekend...will be missing the Easter trip too damn it. Get a good shot me BILLY boy to give me something to look forward too. enjoy.

Analog6
14-04-2011, 7:29am
Damn, love Currumbin in the morning. Would love to come out of the woodwork for this one guys but my shoulder is still stuffed and I am not allowed to drive or carry stuff like tripods or camera bags ....going stir crazxy stuck at home weekend after weekend...will be missing the Easter trip too damn it. Get a good shot me BILLY boy to give me something to look forward too. enjoy.

What happened to your shoulder David? I must have missed that post . . .

41jas
14-04-2011, 7:57am
Aww Dave, your not even coming camping.....Awwwwww.
I hope your shoulder is ok. Did you end up having an operation?
I've been thinking of you a lot lately. I haven't heard boo from you.
Just take care of yourself. Catch up soon.

alextdel
14-04-2011, 9:08am
I would love to do this but we have the grandkids over this week. I will keep my eyes open for the next time. I haven't met with a photographer group before but looking forward to when I can. To those that go on Sunday - have a fabulous morning, look forward to seeing some of the shots on the forums.
Cheers

dbose
14-04-2011, 9:17am

OMG David - it's been ages I've seen you. I have been asking about you to a lot of people to see how you're going mate. It's a real shame you can't come - would have loved to catch up. What happened to your shoulder and how is it now? We have to meet up ASAP as soon as you feel better. Maybe if we can organize a meet up on the North side I can pick you up on the way so you wouldn't have to drive.

Stay well mate.

dbose
14-04-2011, 9:19am
It's good to see lot of people would probably turn up - hope the weather holds up for us. I'll send another post tomorrow to keep the spirit up for Sunday. :th3::th3:

William
14-04-2011, 9:27am
Just a Weather update, Sort of looking good , We should have some cloud at least , Check this, Mind you it changes daily , Scroll down for the 7 day outlook http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/southeast-coast/currumbin

dbose
15-04-2011, 3:51pm
OK it says showers on Sunday. But who cares as long as we don't get washed out I am going...

HOpefully the weather will hold up for us for a few hours at that time...Hope to see as many of you as possible. I'll try and be be there by 5AM.

William
15-04-2011, 6:57pm
Myself and Andrew(Boofhead) will be there at 5.00 am , I think we'll be right , Some great cloud this afternoon late , We only need 1/2hr in the Morn, If it rains we could go to Currumbin Bird Sanctuary , Just 1km for where we are , Bird Feeding at 8.00am and it's free to get in !! , And a Coffee Shop and Breakfast , If wanted , Here's the latest update http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/southeast-coast/currumbin :th3:

Cheryl A
15-04-2011, 8:11pm
I'll definitely be there. Such a good opportunity to put faces to names.:)

Taxxy
15-04-2011, 8:34pm
Wishing I could come to this, just not able to make the trip down the coast at the moment ><
Hopefully next time!

David
15-04-2011, 10:29pm
Tore a couple of tendons off the rotator cuff. had the op. but still recovering and waiting to see if it worked ..will be out of action for a few more weeks mate.. Catch up with u guys when I can. HAPPY EASTER.

David
15-04-2011, 10:30pm
Aww Dave, your not even coming camping.....Awwwwww.
I hope your shoulder is ok. Did you end up having an operation?
I've been thinking of you a lot lately. I haven't heard boo from you.
Just take care of yourself. Catch up soon.

lOVE camping with u guys = next time eh. Have a good safe trip and give Ivan a smooch for me. :)

dbax
16-04-2011, 11:08am
yeah I think I'll drag my sorry ar#e out of bed, early start to a 17hr day yesterday, up early this morning for some appointments and an early start Monday so sleeping in on Sunday really doesn't make much sense. About 5 ? see you there, unless its pouring :(

William
16-04-2011, 4:08pm
Already to go, No rain at all today, Actually a great day for Photography, Looking better still for tomorrow , Dont worry about Thunder Storms , They always arrive in the Arvo , Latest Weather for Currumbin from the Gold Coast Airport 2 Kms away , This one live Radar http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR664.loop.shtml#skip And another From Weather Zone for tomorrow http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/southeast-coast/currumbin , See you all at 5.00am :D

davearnold
16-04-2011, 4:25pm
Looking forward to this, hopefully the rain stays away .

dbose
16-04-2011, 4:46pm
I am praying and praying and pray.......what the heck I am COMMING....

See you all at 5 in the morn....

ksolomon
16-04-2011, 5:41pm
Can't wait so excited, weather rain or shine I will be there at 5am. Looking forward to meeting all you guys. :)

William
16-04-2011, 5:42pm
:th3: Be positive DJ, Remember , Sunrises are like a box of Choclates , Ya never know what you'll get get :D- See you in the Morning - Bill ;)

dbax
16-04-2011, 6:14pm
battery charged, memory card cleared, filters cleaned, even turned the car around so I can drive straight out. Bill will probably do his usual trick of tripod on the car roof for reference :D I might even wear my AP Tshirt :D

William
16-04-2011, 6:57pm
battery charged, memory card cleared, filters cleaned, even turned the car around so I can drive straight out. Bill will probably do his usual trick of tripod on the car roof for reference :D I might even wear my AP Tshirt :D

Was gunna load the car , Then remembered Andrew is picking me up at 4.45 , Battries charged, Filters cleaned , Set Camera , ISO 100 , Set Mirror Lockup (Enable), f7.1 to start with, On timer 2sec ( don't have remote) , 20sec exposure to start with , Adjust filters to suite , 2 cups of Coffee , Board shorts and thongs , I'm there

41jas
16-04-2011, 7:09pm
I so so so much want to come to this. I have this family shoot on at 9.30. Yeah it's an extra few bucks but I'd rather see you guys and have the morning there.
Please say you will be doing this again soon.

David. Ivan is upset you won't be camping with us. He's wondering were the fun is going to be now....I might have to take over your roll. Eww does that mean I have to smooch him? LOL Take care of yourself with that shoulder. Remember I went through the same thing. Mines still not right but I'm special! :lol:

William
16-04-2011, 7:21pm
:D I'll do one for you Jules, Tell me when your ready to come on down - Willy :th3:

41jas
16-04-2011, 7:25pm
:D I'll do one for you Jules, Tell me when your ready to come on down - Willy :th3:

Ohh would you do that for me?:D
How about sometime after the long weekend after Easter? I wouldn't mind going to the bird sanctuary either while I was there.
Aww I miss you guys...I really want to go.:(

William
16-04-2011, 7:32pm
No Problem Jules :) When ever your ready :th3:

Boofhead
16-04-2011, 8:03pm
I so so so much want to come to this. I have this family shoot on at 9.30. Yeah it's an extra few bucks but I'd rather see you guys and have the morning there.
Please say you will be doing this again soon.

David. Ivan is upset you won't be camping with us. He's wondering were the fun is going to be now....I might have to take over your roll. Eww does that mean I have to smooch him? LOL Take care of yourself with that shoulder. Remember I went through the same thing. Mines still not right but I'm special! :lol:

Come on Julie Anne, you know you want to! I can't see the problem, leave home at 3:30, take photos until 6:30, coffee and chat and back home at 9:30- easy!

Would have like to have caught up, been a while. Good luck with your shoot and we will definitely have to have one very soon after Easter! :th3:

Debom
16-04-2011, 8:08pm
I am really excited about this and meeting all you guys, I hope the weather is nice to us...see you all tomorrow!

dbax
16-04-2011, 8:32pm
No Problem Jules :) When ever your ready :th3:

I like the boy ;);)

dbose
16-04-2011, 9:35pm
Jules - I would go again and again and again and OMG whenever you're going - so yeah for me after the long weekend again. Bill mate please do it on a sunday just for me p-l-e-a-s-e.

Bill - Chocolate on matter what I get - IT'S GOOD....so I am not worried about how good the sunrise is - IT IS a SUNRISE.....

Let me see, battery half charged - ok putting it on charge now, GPS loaded and now I am going to bed - have to get up at 3:30 and leave at 4 and see you at 5 - YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Hey Sun you better rise well.............:D:D:D

41jas
16-04-2011, 9:49pm
DJ....someone sounds excited.
OK next time we will do it a Sunday morning. I like that idea too. ;)

41jas
16-04-2011, 9:50pm
I'll be thinking of you all. Don't have too much fun without me... :(

larrywen
16-04-2011, 10:00pm
DJ....someone sounds excited.
OK next time we will do it a Sunday morning. I like that idea too. ;)

That will be great. I will set my alarm to 3:30.

Billnick
17-04-2011, 5:30am
Sorry guys, I'm out. Will try for the next one.

Can't even do Easter:( . Family is going to Bundaberg.

Analog6
17-04-2011, 5:40am
I won't be making it today, toe is still a bit twingy and I don't want to bust it open in the soft sand. I like the idea of one after Easter, maybe we could do the BBQ breakfast and the bird sanctuary again. I'll watch for half price Currumbin Sanctuary shopper dockets.

dbose
17-04-2011, 10:31am
I'll be thinking of you all. Don't have too much fun without me... :(

Jules darling you have not missed much - even the weather decided not to have fun without you. We did get some shots though - I was amazed at the number of people turning up. It was great to see the old faces again and met new people.

Now that I have started, I can;t stop. I'll post out another meet up (I am thinking of SS Dicky) at the beginning of May. A few of the guys showed interest as well.

Of-course I am also looking forward to meet you soon where ever you decide on the next meet up

alextdel
17-04-2011, 10:40am
Approximately how many turned up ?
Will you post some shots people - cheers

dbose
17-04-2011, 10:59am
Approximately how many turned up ?
Will you post some shots people - cheers

Am processing mine now - will post soon. Quite a few (I'd say around 12 to 15 people) of us turned up.

davearnold
17-04-2011, 12:47pm
Just a quick photo of some of the group from todays meet.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/daveais/IMG_1821asSmartObject-1-Copy.jpg

davearnold
17-04-2011, 12:49pm
It was great to meet up with some of the regulars and meet some new people.

Kerri ( kadon) and myself enjoyed the morning, very glad the rain stayed away.

Boofhead
17-04-2011, 1:02pm
Thanks to dbose for organising this meet, very well attended. Great to see some of the regulars again and meet some new people. Very good morning! :th3:

kadon
17-04-2011, 1:09pm
I won't be making it today, toe is still a bit twingy and I don't want to bust it open in the soft sand. I like the idea of one after Easter, maybe we could do the BBQ breakfast and the bird sanctuary again. I'll watch for half price Currumbin Sanctuary shopper dockets.

You can go into the bird feeding without paying! You just need to pay if you want to go do the rest of the sanctuary. A few of us went this morning after we finished up to get some birdie pics & had some brekkie there.

colinbm
17-04-2011, 1:13pm
Just a quick photo of some of the group from todays meet.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/daveais/IMG_1821asSmartObject-1-Copy.jpg

Do we get a left to right ID's please ?
Col

William
17-04-2011, 3:11pm
From left the ones that I know, David (dbax) , ksolomon (Kassy) in red top, Me (William) White T-shirt, Blue footy jumper, Andrew (boofhead), Derek-C Behind Andrew, Red top Alma with Evil , There's ten in this shot , But there was more :D

BTW , A really big turn out , Met a heap of new people, To bad the Sunrise did'nt play the game for us , Thanks to all who came along - Bill :D

colinbm
17-04-2011, 3:27pm
Thanks Bill
I would have liked to have been there ? If I had been, the sun would have been glorious :rolleyes:
Lack of transport is a problem :confused013
I now have my first DSLR, so I will have to be happy with mid-day shots & sunsets ;)
Cheers
Col

Analog6
17-04-2011, 4:16pm
You can go into the bird feeding without paying! You just need to pay if you want to go do the rest of the sanctuary. A few of us went this morning after we finished up to get some birdie pics & had some brekkie there.

Yes, I know the feeding part is free but I've seen some excellent shots of the birds inside - next time I'd like to see more. Is the brekkie good?

ksolomon
17-04-2011, 5:46pm
Thanks for organising this morning dbose and a HUGE thanks for all AP members for making me feel so welcome. Had a great morning too bad the weather didn't turn it on but had a blast with a terrific bunch of people. :D

Col - Next time I can help with transport it you want and congrat's on your first DLSR

larrywen
17-04-2011, 7:20pm
Thanks DJ for organizing this event. It was great to meet many AP members. I've taken 400+ photos. (Shooting birds in continous mode by 7D can get large number of photos quickly). But so far I havn't found a very good one. It seems I need to sacrifise more ISO to get higher shutter speed (1/250 sec is obviously not quick enough).

I enjoyed this meeting a lot and will like to meet you guys in other meetings soon. :)

in2fx
17-04-2011, 7:59pm
Thanks to DJ for posting this up.
It was my first trip to a beach for sunrise so was not too sure what to expect and with rain off and on while driving there it had me even more unsure about getting out of bed to drive there.
It was a great turn out and getting to meet more face to match up to nicks.

here are a couple from my morning there
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/218176_10150272026425550_522110549_9281781_1928380_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206906_10150272010760550_522110549_9281635_7044903_n.jpg

41jas
17-04-2011, 8:26pm
Jules darling you have not missed much - even the weather decided not to have fun without you. We did get some shots though - I was amazed at the number of people turning up. It was great to see the old faces again and met new people.

Now that I have started, I can;t stop. I'll post out another meet up (I am thinking of SS Dicky) at the beginning of May. A few of the guys showed interest as well.

Of-course I am also looking forward to meet you soon where ever you decide on the next meet up

It's ok DJ. Getting to see everyone would of been worth the trip down there but today I made another customer happy with the photo shoot I did this morning.

larrywen
17-04-2011, 9:07pm
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5264/5626692785_4a7eaa7f6b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/simple_monkey/5626692785/)

dbose
18-04-2011, 10:31am
It's ok DJ. Getting to see everyone would of been worth the trip down there but today I made another customer happy with the photo shoot I did this morning.

I am sure you did Jules - there'll be plenty of furture meets I'm sure. I'll post something out soon for the Dicky and see how that goes...also wait to see if you can come up with some ideas in the meantime for something next month after Easter.

dbose
18-04-2011, 10:33am
Thanks to DJ for posting this up.
It was my first trip to a beach for sunrise so was not too sure what to expect and with rain off and on while driving there it had me even more unsure about getting out of bed to drive there.
It was a great turn out and getting to meet more face to match up to nicks.

here are a couple from my morning there
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/218176_10150272026425550_522110549_9281781_1928380_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206906_10150272010760550_522110549_9281635_7044903_n.jpg

You did it agian mate - thanks I can now change my profile pic (minus Bill though...:D:D:D) :p

colinbm
18-04-2011, 10:48am
Col - Next time I can help with transport it you want and congrat's on your first DLSR

Thanks Kassy, I might just hold you to that offer :th3:
Cheers
Col
PS where has the sun gone when I need it :(

Debom
18-04-2011, 1:41pm
Yes, I know the feeding part is free but I've seen some excellent shots of the birds inside - next time I'd like to see more. Is the brekkie good?

Awesome brekky, pancakes, berries, maple syrup, a dusting of icing sugar and a hot chocie. It was delicious! They had a range of breakfast there including a buffet.

Debom
18-04-2011, 1:44pm
From left the ones that I know, David (dbax) , ksolomon (Kassy) in red top, Me (William) White T-shirt, Blue footy jumper, Andrew (boofhead), Derek-C Behind Andrew, Red top Alma with Evil , There's ten in this shot , But there was more :D
Me! Deb (debom) with Kerri (Kedon) and sitting on the rock is my girlfriend Tracey who came along with her husband George (purple shirt) to check it all out.

BTW , A really big turn out , Met a heap of new people, To bad the Sunrise did'nt play the game for us , Thanks to all who came along - Bill :D

davearnold
18-04-2011, 2:04pm
We enjoyed the brekky and birds at the sanctuary.

One of the photos I like from the day.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/daveais/IMG_1875asSmartObject-1-Copy.jpg

Thanks again was a great day.

Debom
18-04-2011, 2:24pm
Lol! they look like they are having a domestic!

in2fx
18-04-2011, 5:25pm
there was plenty of chatter going on between the birds which seemed quite aggressive at times

in2fx
18-04-2011, 5:38pm
You did it again mate - thanks I can now change my profile pic (minus Bill though...:D:D:D) :p

Much better than the back of your head :lol:

Derek-C
18-04-2011, 8:22pm
Had a great time meeting everyone and new location,s .

Head back to NSW Tuesday and should be home Wed evening so will post Thursday or Friday.

Derek & Alma

larrywen
18-04-2011, 9:18pm
a few more photos from this meeting
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5187/5630473143_534df1831f.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/simple_monkey/5630473143/)
Sunrise (http://www.flickr.com/photos/simple_monkey/5630473143/) by Simple Monkey (http://www.flickr.com/people/simple_monkey/), on Flickr
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5305/5630472739_83f6d46ba2.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/simple_monkey/5630472739/)
David and Bill (http://www.flickr.com/photos/simple_monkey/5630472739/) by Simple Monkey (http://www.flickr.com/people/simple_monkey/), on Flickr
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5222/5631055040_a959633a24.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/simple_monkey/5631055040/)
Motion (http://www.flickr.com/photos/simple_monkey/5631055040/) by Simple Monkey (http://www.flickr.com/people/simple_monkey/), on Flickr
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5268/5631053796_a2e4b5beb0.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/simple_monkey/5631053796/)
Fighting (http://www.flickr.com/photos/simple_monkey/5631053796/) by Simple Monkey (http://www.flickr.com/people/simple_monkey/), on Flickr

William
19-04-2011, 8:04am
Great series Larry, Especially the second :D Fairly sure that is Derek on the left , Well done mate :th3:

larrywen
19-04-2011, 10:07am
Great series Larry, Especially the second :D Fairly sure that is Derek on the left , Well done mate :th3:
Thank you Bill, I will change the name in the flickr and sorry Derek for my mistake.

dbax
19-04-2011, 10:41am
yeah good stuff Larry, nice to meet you on Sunday, I like the second of the surf images as well :th3::th3:

dbax
19-04-2011, 11:20am
Ok heres a few candids from Sunday

The Brains Trust
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll404/dbaxoz/Ausphotography/brainstrust.jpg
Andrew, Bill, DJ

DJ getting his feet wet
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll404/dbaxoz/Ausphotography/DJ.jpg

Some of the group
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll404/dbaxoz/Ausphotography/group.jpg

William
19-04-2011, 11:32am
Some nice Candids there David, I really got to lose that Gut !!. Or at least someone tell me when they are taking the shot :D :th3: BTW the 50mm does'nt work on both my cameras , I think you have a reverse macro now :rolleyes:

41jas
19-04-2011, 11:36am
Willy, I think we all have that probablem at our age.

dbax
19-04-2011, 11:56am
Some nice Candids there David, I really got to lose that Gut !!. Or at least someone tell me when they are taking the shot :D :th3: BTW the 50mm does'nt work on both my cameras , I think you have a reverse macro now :rolleyes:

Thanks Bill, I just wanted to check it on another camera before I bought another one :th3::th3:

larrywen
19-04-2011, 12:23pm
yeah good stuff Larry, nice to meet you on Sunday, I like the second of the surf images as well :th3::th3:

thank you david. I am very happy that I found I am in one of your photos :D

dbose
19-04-2011, 4:15pm
Great shots - all of them. I an now change my profile picture - can someone tell me how to change the profile picture please?

larrywen
19-04-2011, 5:01pm
Great shots - all of them. I an now change my profile picture - can someone tell me how to change the profile picture please?
1 Click "settings" at the top right of this page.
2 Click "Edit Profile Picture" at the left side menu
3 Tick "delete current image"
4 Click the button of "Browse..." to select an image from your computer
5 Click the button of "Save Changes".

That is procedure I guess :D I didn't change my image, so not sure if it works or not. You may have a try. :lol::lol:

William
19-04-2011, 5:17pm

Larry is right , Except , Not profile , "Edit Avatar'" On the L/H side , Load the photo in to PS , Select > File< Save for web > You'll see the settings , , I think you have to set a maximum of 80 PX for the Avatar on the longest side - Bill :th3:

in2fx
19-04-2011, 5:58pm
is this likely to happen everytime I capture a candid of you ? :D

Derek-C
21-04-2011, 3:52pm
Home at last and some great shots have been post by all.

Alma & Derek

[ kane ]
24-04-2011, 5:35pm
Looks like this was a fun meet!

Thanks
Kane