PDA

View Full Version : Pro Surfing at Margaret River

Gemini2261
07-04-2011, 8:51pm
Hi everyone

I am just wondering if anyone in WA is heading down to Margaret River on Sunday for the pro surf final?

I am just in the process of tying up a few loose ends so I can go down...love to try my hand at catching a few of the pearler waves that are building up. :)

macmich
07-04-2011, 9:34pm
i was watching a bit on the news tonight and the waves were pretty big
cheers macca

Rod038
08-04-2011, 6:52am
I wish I could go I miss Margaret River. Its been a few years since I have been over there.

Gemini2261
08-04-2011, 9:03am
I'm looking forward to it, I hope some others from here are going to go :)

PhoTomD
08-04-2011, 9:34am
I might actually try to go Gemini. Just need to organise weekend time. Let's talk on Sat :)

Michaela
08-04-2011, 10:36am
Hmmm, actually this does sound interesting. What time would you be looking at heading down there?

Gemini2261
08-04-2011, 10:48am
OH, great :efelant:...yes we will have a chat about it Saturday, we can probably car pool, some ppl can come with me no prob, I have a new Ranger 4WD 4DR. I was thinking of heading off very early so we have some excellent light on them. Maybe we can look at doing some other stuff down there too, make the most of it :th3:

PhoTomD
08-04-2011, 7:12pm
Early in the morning sound great for me too girls. Need to sort few things out and I'll post what time I would be leaving :))

Gemini2261
08-04-2011, 7:20pm
Early in the morning sound great for me too girls. Need to sort few things out and I'll post what time I would be leaving :))

Yeah, we'll have a chat about it tomorrow...I'm thinking I'll leave about 6am or before to catch the best light.

jjhtt
10-04-2011, 9:04am
Guys the surfing final was on Saturday. I was down there wed-fri. Weather was terrible and the waves were just as bad, there was an on shore wind blowing making the waves ugly and full of whitewash. Friday was a lot calmer with a very slight off shore breeze. Saturday was crap, no waves and a very disappointing final in terms of Margaret River being the showcase for WA...but thats the weather I suppose. Usually at this time of the year, the weather has rolled in making it massive down there.. not this year though.