PDA

View Full Version : My New Tripod

PH005
05-04-2011, 8:46am
Wanted to show my new Vanguard Alto Pro 263 tripod with SBH 100 Ball Head. I have mounted ny Sigma 120-400 on it just for the shot as it is the heaviest lens I have , and it carries the weight with ease. ( not that I would ever shoot with this lens mounted like that ) Should be a great asset for macro . Would also make an ideal remote flash stand with its multi angle range. You can check it out on Goggle video.

MarkChap
05-04-2011, 8:52am
I had not come across the Vanguard tripods until I started working at Camerahouse, to me they fit the bill very well for a reasonably priced, well featured and sturdy tripod.

PH005
05-04-2011, 9:05am
I had not come across the Vanguard tripods until I started working at Camerahouse, to me they fit the bill very well for a reasonably priced, well featured and sturdy tripod.

Couldn't agree more Mark. I would go as far as saying that it is on par with the Manfrotto 190XProB. And costs less.

ElectricImages
05-04-2011, 9:12am
I have been using the same tripod, currently with a PH-50 pan head as I also shoot a lot of video, for the last two years. The tripod is absolutely excellent - I have never seen a better tripod apart from the carbon-fiber model above this one. Its build quality is flawless and it is still rock solid after two years of semi-professional use.

However, the grip on the handle of the pan head (also by Vanguard :p) has worked its way loose after much use. :( I have it held on with gaffer tape for the time being, but I'm going to need to get myself a tube of thread locking adhesive to properly secure it more permanently. :/

PH005
05-04-2011, 9:17am
That is the type of good feedback I like to hear ElectricImages. :D