PDA

View Full Version : Info for all Sydneysiders

Kafter244
05-04-2011, 8:30am
In case anyone's interested, I recently received an email from Australian Geographic regarding a photographic seminar at the North Ryde RSL Club in May...

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/society/ag-photo-seminar.htm

...looks great to me :-)

For clearness and the moderators I'd like to point out that I am not related in any way to this event, nor do I gain anything from this link. I merely thought other readers of this site may be interested in the subject so have posted it here for their information. This is not an advertisement.

Cheers

MarkChap
05-04-2011, 10:01am
Looks good on the surface, I would be a bit concerned for what I am going to learn sitting in a room and listening to 6 x 11/2 hour "lectures" even from people of that calibre ??
Any way each to their own, I would be keen to hear back if any one does attend

Kafter244
05-04-2011, 10:07am
I do agree that classroom learning is limited, for sure. I did a practical course not so long ago with another company which was excellent, and I like to get out there, but I think a good balance of the two is useful, especially for us newbies. When it comes to an introduction to photoshop, advice on selling your work and protecting yourself, plus anecdotes, Q&A and tips, I think there's room for classroom learning too. Will let you know whether I'm right or not though, it could so easily go the other way! ;)