PDA

View Full Version : RE-Canon EF_S 100 mm macro lens

fairy bombs
02-04-2011, 9:14am
Hi

Just looking for some clarification re black 100 mm macro lens (see link) http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/product.asp?idProduct=30

I am wanting to know if this lens is EF-S or EF,I was under the impression it was EF-S and could not
be used on full frames,but I read some where some one using it on a 5D2.I am interested in a Canon 100 mm macro,and know there is a L version.The one in the link has a really fine reputation.But wondering about going full frame one year,and if I have lots of EF-S lenses may not be a good thing.

So was thinking may be wait and get the L version,but if the one in the link fits both,well all the better!

FB

jjphoto
02-04-2011, 9:18am
It's an EF lens, NOT EF-s.

And yes, it's an excellent lens for full frame. It was around before DSLR's even existed.

JJ

MarkChap
02-04-2011, 9:20am
Yep the 100 macro is and EF lens, which fits ALL Canon cameras

fabian628
02-04-2011, 12:20pm
Yep the 100 macro is and EF lens, which fits ALL Canon cameras

all EOS cameras :)

matt22
03-04-2011, 4:24am
Definitely an EF :th3:

fairy bombs
03-04-2011, 7:49am
Thanks for confirming that,I had been lead to believe it was only EF-S by other people on other photography forums.

in2fx
03-04-2011, 8:27am
I have one and love it for macro and it is a EF

smylie
03-04-2011, 3:44pm
Hi

Just looking for some clarification re black 100 mm macro lens (see link) http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/product.asp?idProduct=30

I am wanting to know if this lens is EF-S or EF,I was under the impression it was EF-S and could not
be used on full frames,but I read some where some one using it on a 5D2.I am interested in a Canon 100 mm macro,and know there is a L version.The one in the link has a really fine reputation.But wondering about going full frame one year,and if I have lots of EF-S lenses may not be a good thing.

So was thinking may be wait and get the L version,but if the one in the link fits both,well all the better!

FB

I have the lens and it is an EF lens. I can put it on the 5D (full frame, 1D MKIII (1.3 crop)or the 30D (1.6 crop) and it works fine on all. It's the very short DOF that I have trouble with. :o

For a none L lens it's as sharp as works a treat.