PDA

View Full Version : merging lightroom 3 catalogues

Irru
29-03-2011, 5:24pm
I have a macbook pro, dual booted with Windows 7.
Originally, I used LR in the Windows install, and then I switched to OSx. As a result I have two catalogues of photo PPs.

This doesn't bother me, but now I find myself needing to use windows 7 again, due to the lack of a osx driver for my usb internet dongle. I don't mind switching over for future photos, but I have a couple of months worth of pics that I am only partway though PPing.

I realise there are a couple of more tedious ways around this (I want to upload my collections to flickr and facebook via LR), but as there are so many (3 separate holidays worth) I want to get it working through LR rather than exporting to jpegs and then manually uploading from there.

How can I merge my two catalogues, and for that matter is it possible to have some kind of syncing process to maintain one catalogue across multiple computers? Would the answer be to save the catalogue to a portable disk of some description, or is there a better way?

As I said, I realise there are workarounds, but I'm really trying to find the most efficient way for both now AND in the future, as this kind of thing will probably happen quite a lot.

Irru
29-03-2011, 10:52pm
Never mind. The problem was OSx-Windows. I copied the catalog file to the windows directory. Opened it. Relocated each folder one by one (eww) and THEN merged it.

It would be simple enough to merge catalogs across same operating systems - but unless anyone has a cross-platform solution that doesn't take half an hour, I've solved the problem.