PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy film?

KeeFy
28-03-2011, 3:45pm
I'm looking to buy some Ilford XP2 400 35mm film in Sydney. Problem is i can't seem to find anywhere that i can buy them. Vanbar only sells them in bulk.

Any ideas?

geck
28-03-2011, 9:29pm
I've bought it from Camera House before (in Melbourne though), so maybe if there's one you can get to they might be able to order it in? I'm pretty sure they're franchises, but they still should all use the same suppliers and be able to get the same stock...

fabian628
29-03-2011, 12:54am
If the internet is an option, you could try ebay. You can usually get 5-10 roll lots much cheaper than in the shop

KeeFy
29-03-2011, 11:26am
Thanks for the replies. I did consider eBay but the thing is, i'm just starting out in flim. The XP2 is a recommendation from what i've read online. Due to it being C-41, it's easy to develop (self develop even). I just want to try my hand at flim after picking up a Canon AE-1 and prolly want to try out the different types of B&W out there, so buying in bulk is not preferred.

Also because my damn 7D is still stuck in HK for repairs. It's been 3 weeks and i've been itching to take photos! :P

junqbox
29-03-2011, 11:49am
I use Cheap Shots on eBay, local product and don't need to buy too much in bulk to get the product. If he doesn't have online, send him a message and he'll put it up if he has it. You could always on-sell the remaining bulk rolls.

KeeFy
29-03-2011, 12:50pm
Junqbox. Do you have a direct link? Can't seem to find the store on ebay.

a bit OT but still related to flim. What do you guys recommend that's C-41?

vanngirl
29-03-2011, 5:17pm
i would agree about the eBay thing, I buy film there too, and you can buy in lots as small as 5. Have you considered any of the photography schools? My school in Brisbane sells film still, although when we did our fun b&w stage I bought bulk lots off eBay as it was way cheaper.

fabian628
29-03-2011, 10:53pm
Thanks for the replies. I did consider eBay but the thing is, i'm just starting out in flim. The XP2 is a recommendation from what i've read online. Due to it being C-41, it's easy to develop (self develop even). I just want to try my hand at flim after picking up a Canon AE-1 and prolly want to try out the different types of B&W out there, so buying in bulk is not preferred.

Also because my damn 7D is still stuck in HK for repairs. It's been 3 weeks and i've been itching to take photos! :P

xp2 is not THAT great for home development. I did it with standard development but i think with c41 it would have been better. If you plan on doing home development hp5 400 is pretty common and not expensive. Also quite easy to develop and shoot. But it costs alot to develop at the shop.

KeeFy
30-03-2011, 10:30am
Thanks for all the feedback! :) Appreciate it! Right now the only thing that's stoping me from shooting also is the stupid battery. Px28. Gosh i've been to a few camera shops and many other electronics and hardware shops. None sell them. Paxtons ran out of stock. Will try George's later.