PDA

View Full Version : New website!

jasevk
25-03-2011, 7:52pm
I'm rather excited about my new website! So I feel compelled to share it! I haven't linked the blog to it yet, but feel free to check it out.

www.jasonvankoll.com.au

wideangle
25-03-2011, 9:29pm
Nice looking website Jason, looks sleak and gets the message across. Did you design this?

jasevk
25-03-2011, 10:03pm
Thanks Thomas! No I didn't design this, although the designers concept based on my initial brief is exactly what I envisaged!

bb45pz
25-03-2011, 10:33pm
Looks pretty nice to me. Clean and simple.

steve munro
25-03-2011, 10:37pm
I like it Jase - very clean, stylish and simple. Would be great to see more of your work on there sometime :D
Steve

jasevk
25-03-2011, 11:02pm
I like it Jase - very clean, stylish and simple. Would be great to see more of your work on there sometime :D
Steve

Agreed steve... Will be reviewing the images used over the weekend!

jasevk
25-03-2011, 11:03pm
Looks pretty nice to me. Clean and simple.

Thanks... Appreciate it :)

beau
26-03-2011, 12:26am
I really like it mate. Looks very slick and professional.

I see we also have the same haircut. I feel sorry for people who haven't yet embraced their inner baldy!

Ms Monny
26-03-2011, 10:22am
I love the simple, elegant and clean lines on your website. Its not cluttered, user friendly and gets across what you do. Maybe a few more shots in each category to display what you do (great shots too!).

Best of luck with upcoming work!! :th3:

jasevk
26-03-2011, 11:36am
Haha... Yes beau, I've been past the hanging on stage and now embraced it!

Thanks for your comments everyone, that kind of feedback is what I was aiming for! Agree that I need more pictures up though...

Longshots
26-03-2011, 12:14pm
Great site Jason - huge potential, and very stylish.

But to be very honest (as always:) ) very thin on the the work in the galleries - why so little ? I think youd find that a bit of stumbling block. If your market is the wedding or portrait area, people want to see a lot more.

ricktas
26-03-2011, 5:23pm
Looking Good Jase. I tried to acces your blog and it wants me to sign up to Tumblr to get access. I think if you want your blog to impress, you need people to be able to access it, just for viewing, without signing up. I was expecting to click blog and start reading straight off.

jasevk
26-03-2011, 6:27pm
Looking Good Jase. I tried to acces your blog and it wants me to sign up to Tumblr to get access. I think if you want your blog to impress, you need people to be able to access it, just for viewing, without signing up. I was expecting to click blog and start reading straight off.

Thanks Rick, the blog will most definitely operate in the way you expected, I just need to link the blog to the website link,

absolutealive
29-03-2011, 4:50am
Jase

Nice work on the site.

Portfolio goes back to the home page, but I'm assuming you know that already and are working on some content there.

I would suggest to have your blog on your own domain though. Grow your own website further and be in control of it. your web guy should be able to help with this.

Cheers

mercho
30-03-2011, 8:20am
Looks good, very modern and eye catching!

One thing though, you need to switch your links for "portraits" and "fine art" around, they point to the wrong pages..

jasevk
30-03-2011, 1:00pm
Looks good, very modern and eye catching!

One thing though, you need to switch your links for "portraits" and "fine art" around, they point to the wrong pages..

Thanks! Yep I was all over that this morning, it seemed to happen after they altered scripts for iPad/iPhone viewing!

Kerry
01-04-2011, 10:07pm
Very tasteful Jase!
Looking forward to seeing more of your portfolio :)

geoffsta
02-04-2011, 6:29am
Very nice Jase. As above with comments.
I'd make a few changes to the Bio though. "Every photo I make" should be "Every photo I take" And I think there is a bit too much "support from everyone", and not enough of "My attention to detail" or "Ability to create" After all, you do all the hard work of taking the photos and processing, not the community of Tasmania.

Geoff

luizkutianski
28-04-2011, 5:58pm
lovely pics and web site. U design by yourself???

404shots
28-04-2011, 8:18pm
nice site- simple and professional - i believe this was a template? pretty sure i have stumbled across it (i only just did mine recently)

jasevk
29-04-2011, 2:28pm
nice site- simple and professional - i believe this was a template? pretty sure i have stumbled across it (i only just did mine recently)

Thanks! Definitely not a template, designed by ignite online from the brief I provided.