PDA

View Full Version : Longford, Tassie

Old Skool
22-03-2011, 7:48pm
Heading over to the Longford Revival Festival. http://www.longfordrevival.com.au/LongfordFestival/longfordfestival.html

I will have a rental car from Launceston Airport, What is in the area that is worth having a look at (and taking the odd pic or two).

Thanks
Russell

BLWNHR
23-03-2011, 8:37pm
Wow, all these Tassie members on here and no one will reply to you.

How long are you here for? Launceston has some great areas to photograph, depending on what you want to shoot. The Gorge, the city, some lovely spots down the river, Windermere etc. Tell me how long you're here and I'll work out an itinerary for you, haha.

I will be visiting the Longford festival also, can't wait!

Old Skool
23-03-2011, 8:43pm
Thanks Adam, Only over for the day, thought maybe Festival all morning & early afternoon, then might look at The Gorge / City and maybe up to Grindelwald / Brady's Lookout area. Google Maps has been getting a workout helping suss areas out.

ricktas
23-03-2011, 8:48pm
Just saw this thread. Lots to do in Longford and surrounds. Within an hour or two drive you have a huge range of options available to you. Some lovely old homesteads dot the countrside, great rivers. Launceston isn't that far away. A few hours (about 2-3) and you could be at Cradle Mountain.

Old Skool
06-04-2011, 8:32pm
Had a great day, plenty to see at Cataract Gorge and along Tamar River, went up to Gravelly Beach via Bradys Lookout and followed the setting sun back along the river to Launceston. Longford was disappointing for taking photos as they had a double row of armco barriers along the road which meant you could only see the top of the car as it went past. Organizers need to construct spectator mounds or grandstands along the fence line in future years.

matt22
09-04-2011, 12:32am
Had a great day, plenty to see at Cataract Gorge and along Tamar River, went up to Gravelly Beach via Bradys Lookout and followed the setting sun back along the river to Launceston. Longford was disappointing for taking photos as they had a double row of armco barriers along the road which meant you could only see the top of the car as it went past. Organizers need to construct spectator mounds or grandstands along the fence line in future years.

Glad you enjoyed your day! The Tamar area is great for pictures, huge range of things to go and see. I spent many an hour up at Brady’s abseiling and attempting to explore the cave in my teenage years. It's a shame Longford was disappointing, hopefully next time they put some spectator friendly area's in.