PDA

View Full Version : transferring from LR to Elements

Ms Monny
20-03-2011, 2:44pm
Hi all

I am having trouble trying to find out help on transferring a photo from LR to Elements. I have done my sharpening etc and would like to now adjust a few things.

I've looked on the net for advice in Adobe but couldn't find it there either.

cheers
MM

kiwi
20-03-2011, 2:52pm
You don't really transfer it, if yo right click on the image in lr, an option should be to edit the photo in another program, you can choose elements there by navigating to th exe, but you an also in the lr options set the default external editor

Ms Monny
20-03-2011, 3:01pm
thanks Kiwi

clicked on Photo at the top....edit it....Elements!!

:)

William
20-03-2011, 4:15pm
For what it's worth, When I want an image to go to Photoshop from light Room , I go to File, Top left, From the dropdown menu , I click on "Export" In the next dialog box choose where you want it to go

jjhtt
27-03-2011, 6:25pm
ctrl + E if LR has recognised PS, or ctrl + alt + E to open up in other..

It may depend on the order both softwares were installed, as to whether or not LR will recognise PS. You may have to uninstall both and then install PS then LR...if you want to utilise this shortcut.

Don't know how savvy you are, but I found this too.

4. Aug 26, 2007 3:23 AM in response to: (jason_sheldon)
Re: Lightroom can't find Photoshop CS3 to edit files?
Hi Wick,

The 'external' editor is called by CTRL-ALT-E.. Lightroom appears to keep CTRL-E purely for Photoshop, and this isn't editable...

However, I have solved the problem.. well, at least found a workaround... I don't know what caused it - perhaps the uninstallation of CS2 AFTER installing CS3?

If you have this problem, you'll need to add the following key to the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\photoshop.exe

create a new string value called "path" that contains the path to your photoshop.exe file.

Then Lightroom will find photoshop and you can edit using CTRL-E again and still keep a secondary editor!

comprende :eek:

jjhtt
27-03-2011, 6:56pm
Have a look at this MM

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/photoshop-cs5-feature-tour/whats-new-for-photographers/

Ms Monny
01-04-2011, 8:10pm
Thanks....I don't know about all that Jeff....but I found out how to do it!