PDA

View Full Version : Which receivers??

kacey
13-03-2011, 1:45pm
I currently have a two light (flash) set up for my studio.
For financial reasons I was thinking of using my off camra flash as a third light to my studio set up but am having trouble finding receivers that I can connect to both my external flash and my flash units. Any suggestions?

I @ M
13-03-2011, 3:13pm
What are you using to trigger your existing lights?

If you need a very simple and cheap solution the yonguo range of radio triggers work well for studio strobes and / or speedlights. The receivers can be used as a remote speedlight hot shoe or as a strobe synch port switch.

Site advertiser Protog has them for sale --- http://protog.com.au/wireless-flash-triggers-c-58.html --- all you ned are one transmitter and as many receivers as you have lights, of course you may find that just one is needed to fire the first light and the rest can be fired via their built in optical triggers if they have one.

kacey
13-03-2011, 4:06pm
That looks perfect, thanks. So the pc socket on one receiver is where I plug the flash unit into and the speedlight goes onto the hotshoe of another receiver?
I'm pretty sure both flash units have optical triggers so I would need just one receiver for the both, is that correct?