PDA

View Full Version : Uploading images to sell

triptych
04-03-2011, 3:14pm
Hi,

I've been asked by a few people if they can buy my prints, which is great but really need somewhere to upload then they can choose and print which ones they want and I the money less printing costs.

Is there any Australian sites? I am a contributor on istockphoto and also deviant art but they are in America, is this still ok or should I look for an Australian printer?

ricktas
04-03-2011, 3:35pm
www.redbubble.com.au
www.photoartgallery.com

triptych
04-03-2011, 3:59pm
Thanks Rick...

Analog6
04-03-2011, 4:13pm
RedBubble is great, especially as they just introduced Collections and you can now order your Portfolio.

reaction
10-03-2011, 12:33pm
has any amateur ever made significant (say more than $50/wk sustained) off those sites? if so, what were the photos and did you promote them elsewhere?

amsm
10-03-2011, 10:43pm
Redbubble's print quality is excellent. I have had some calendars produced there and they are brilliant ! ....Of course, my excellent photos are really what makes them excellent...you have to start with good raw material after all :eek::eek:.

As for sustained sales and income, I don't believe anyone makes sustained money on RedBubble without promoting elsewhere as well. As a print fulfillment service, for people who've specifically asked for your works, they're excellent, fast and quality is great. As a way to sell to random strangers who might happen by....not so much. Part of the problem is that the community are all photographers, so you get the "I could have taken that shot if I was there/had that lens/had that camera" effect, so everyone loves your shots, but wouldn't buy them, apart from as a greeting card.

Those selling t-shirts seem to do better as far as sales to random buyers goes, for some reason.